The expanding baby boomer population and the rising geriatric population in the United States and Europe will continue to impact decision-making strategies among global healthcare systems. In addition, changing lifestyles have resulted in chronic diseases, which has boosted the need for healthcare services and post-treatment care. To cater to market demand, nutrition-based solutions and product innovations are on the rise. In this first edition of the Agriculture & Nutrition Opportunity Engine Series, 3 market growth opportunities are explored in-detail; the global Omega-3 Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) ingredients market, the US market for calcium and vitamin D supplements, and the European and US market for lutein & zeaxanthin ingredients. The global Omega-3 EPA and DHA ingredients market will reach $2,181.7 million by 2017, growing at a year-on-year growth rate of 3.9%. The US market for calcium and vitamin D supplements will register a year-on-year growth rate of 4.1% and reach $1,702.9 million by 2017. Finally, The European and US market for lutein & zeaxanthin ingredients will reach $223.1 million by 2017, growing at a year-on-year growth rate of 7.1%
This study focuses on the nutritional ingredient growth opportunities that emerge as a consequence of the ‘greying’ of Europe and North America. The market size for 2016 is provided for each segment and is forecast for 2017.
• The regional scope of the Omega-3 EPA + DHA ingredients market is global, and the end-application segments considered are dietary supplements, infant formula, pharmaceuticals, food & beverage, pet food, and others (clinical nutrition and personal care).
• The regional scope of the calcium and vitamin D supplements market is the United States, with a focus on dietary supplements as an end-application segment.
• The regional scope of the lutein and zeaxanthin ingredients market is the United States and Europe, with a focus on dietary supplements as the primary end-application segment.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
What does the future of the Omega-3 EPA+DHA ingredients, the calcium and vitamin D supplements, and the lutein and zeaxanthin ingredients markets look like, and what key challenges will impact the ability of these ingredients to feed the world in 2017 and beyond?
How do macroeconomic factors determine supply and demand for Omega-3 EPA+DHA ingredients, calcium and vitamin D supplements, and lutein and zeaxanthin ingredients and their impact on the final consumer?
What are the most important enabling technologies in the Omega-3 EPA+DHA ingredients, the calcium and vitamin D supplements, and the lutein and zeaxanthin ingredients value chains that will see the greatest growth, and how are these likely to change in future?
What are the primary consumer factors that will contribute to the overall growth of Omega-3 EPA+DHA ingredients, the calcium and vitamin D supplements, and the lutein and zeaxanthin ingredients markets?
Why Partner with Frost & Sullivan?
• Robust and proven research methodology resulting in high-quality findings: Frost & Sullivan has established relationships with the leading participants in the agriculture and nutrition value chain, through which it performs primary research.
• Extensive experience in researching and tracking the agriculture and nutrition markets and generating reliable information: Frost & Sullivan has published studies on these markets for 15+ years and employs analysts with extensive experience working for food and beverage processors and formulators and ingredient suppliers, generating data you can trust.
• Breadth and depth of market coverage: Frost & Sullivan’s multi-disciplinary team is able to deliver a solid 360-degree perspective of the insights from the agriculture and nutrition markets. Specifically, our Global Agriculture & Nutrition Team has worked extensively in the areas of food ingredients, production and processing technologies, identifying opportunities for co-products, and nutrition for decades.