The ANZ SCM market experienced a slight decline of 1.6% in 2016 (on a YoY basis) with the Web security segment growing at 1.7% (YoY) and the email security segment reduced by 4.6%. Despite the strong preference for cloud-based technology and managed security services, market saturation contributed significantly to the dwindled revenue for SCM market. However, significant price competition remained between SCM vendors, with most looking to introduce integrated solution bundles to achieve cost optimization for their ANZ customers. On the technology front, ANZ enterprises continued to look at integrating more analytics capabilities into their SCM solutions. The growing adoption of cloud services and IoT practices were also exposed to insider threats and increased risks caused by evolving threats. The proliferation of ransomware has alerted the ANZ government and enterprises towards enhancing their SCM security, given that email is the preferred vector for such attacks.
In addition to the market growth analysis, the study highlights the key driving forces for the SCM market. Some key drivers include the continual surge of new advanced threats and attacks through email and Web vectors and better awareness of the threat landscape. The surge of IoT devices and the increasing adoption of mobility in the workforce require organizations to tighten their control of online content to enhance productivity and prevent threats. Strict compliance requirements drive investments in security to prevent litigation and legal liabilities and in turn drive adoption of cybersecurity.
Market trends are analyzed for the study period of 2015 to 2021, with the base year as 2016. SCM solutions are the key focus area in this study. The vertical segmentation in this study includes the government, banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI), service providers, manufacturing, education, and other sectors.
Companies mentioned in the SCM market's competitive landscape include Symantec, Cisco (Ironport), Trend Micro, Forcepoint, McAfee, Lyceum Capital (Clearswift), Axway (Tumbleweed), Barracuda, Fortinet, SonicWall, Sophos, F-Secure and other small vendors. The countries included in this study are Australia and New Zealand.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• Is the secure content management (SCM) market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
• Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
• Will SCM solutions continue to exist, or will they get replaced by other solutions?
• How will the structure of the market change with time?
• Will SCM products/services become features in other markets?
• Are the vendors in the market ready to manage alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
Table of Contents
1. Market Overview
Market Geographical Coverage
Forecasts and Trends
Market Engineering Measurements
Percent Revenue Forecast by Segment
Revenue Forecast by Segment
Percent Revenue Forecast by Country
Demand Analysis by Vertical
Demand Analysis by Horizontal
Growth Opportunities and Call to Action
Transformation in SCM Industry Ecosystem
Growth Opportunity 1—Business Email Compromise/ CEO Email Fraud Prevention
Growth Opportunity 2—Email-MFA Integration/ As-a-service
Growth Opportunity 3—Phishing Simulator Integration
Growth Opportunity 4—Web Filtering and Monitoring-as-a-service for Consumer/ Home Market
Growth Opportunity 5—Web-based Prevention for File-less/ Memory-based Attacks
5 Major Growth Opportunities
Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
The Last Word
Four Big Predictions
Market Engineering Methodology
List of Figures & Charts
1. Secure Content Management Market: Regional Coverage, ANZ, 2016
2. Secure Content Management Market: Market Engineering Measurements, ANZ, 2016
3. Secure Content Management Market: Revenue Forecast by Segment, ANZ, 2015–2021
4. Secure Content Management Market: Competitive Structure, ANZ, 2016
1. Secure Content Management Market: Technology Segmentation, ANZ, 2016
2. Secure Content Management Market: Vertical and Horizontal Breakdown, ANZ, 2016
3. Secure Content Management Market: Revenue Forecast, ANZ, 2015–2021
4. Secure Content Management Market: Percent Revenue Forecast by Segment, ANZ, 2015–2021
5. Secure Content Management Market: Percent Revenue Forecast by Country, ANZ, 2016 and 2021
6. Secure Content Management Market: Percent Revenue Breakdown by Vertical, ANZ, 2016
7. Secure Content Management Market: Percent Revenue Breakdown by Horizontal, ANZ, 2016
8. Secure Content Management Market: Percent of Revenue Breakdown by Vendor, ANZ, 2016