Asian economies are in the midst of intense disruption. Digital transformation, competitive complexities, and changing customer demands are fostering new business models and strategic responses. This offers visionary CEOs the prospect of reshaping the business landscape, and accelerating unique growth and innovation opportunities.
Frost & Sullivan's annual CEOs’ Perspectives on Growth, Innovation, and Leadership in Asia, 2016 is an in-depth survey of business leaders from a wide cross-section of industries, with the overarching themes of growth, innovation, and leadership. It offers insights into how Asia's business leaders are tackling this volatility and future-proofing their growth.
Revenue growth is the number 1 growth objective for CEOs over the next five years. Organizations, however, cite growth strategy implementation as a critical challenge. The CEO survey reveals the areas in which CEOs and business leaders need to improve their performance to steer a course of growth amidst increasing competitive pressures.
Digital transformation is highlighted as a dominant growth, innovation and leadership catalyst over the next five years. However, the CEO survey indicates that the speed of technology change represents a real and immediate challenge, while also revealing the strategies CEOs are employing to drive maximum gains from digital disruption.
Growth, competition, technology advances and changing stakeholder demands are germinating new business models. However, respondents indicate difficulties in integrating and strategically executing new business models. The CEO survey details some of the key emerging business models and evaluates whether companies have been able to effectively integrate these new business models into their organizations to drive growth.
Disruptive innovators have transformed virtually every industry across the global business landscape. Organizations that do not embrace this disruption, fail to focus on innovation and growth, integrate new business models, and align with customer needs will find themselves increasingly marginalized.
Frost & Sullivan's CEO’s Perspectives on Growth, Innovation, and Leadership in Asia, 2016 provides vital insights into the ways organizations are strategically responding to this environment. It spotlights emerging technologies, Mega Trends, and business models that are creating unparalleled opportunities for sustained growth, disruptive innovation, and visionary leadership.
Key Questions the Study will Answer:
• What are the key growth objectives for organizations over the next 5 years?
• Are companies achieving their growth objectives? If not, what is holding them back?
• What are the top ten growth opportunity themes for the future and which ones are organizations most likely to leverage?
• Which major strategies have delivered the most growth to organizations in the past three years and which strategies are organizations most likely to rely on to drive growth in the next three years?
• In what direction are stakeholder expectations evolving and what are some of the strategic responses that organizations are adopting to address these demands?
• What do organizations identify as being their most significant external and internal challenges?
• How do companies rate their growth and innovation performance?
• Which top technology, Mega Trends and business models have the potential to disrupt organizations?
• Which companies are identified as the most disruptive industry innovators?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
Key Takeaways—By the Numbers
Executive Summary—Key Findings
Key Growth Objectives in the Next Five Years
Growth Rate Assessment of Organization in the Last Three Years
Satisfaction with the Level of Organizational Growth
Growth Opportunity Themes
Regional Distribution of Growth Resources
Ability to Conduct Different Strategies
People Involved in Growth Opportunities Development
Value of Information from Different Sources
External Growth Challenges
Internal Growth Challenges
Potentially Disruptive Technology Themes
Potentially Disruptive Mega Trends
Potentially Disruptive Business Models
Company Growth Performance
Company Innovation Performance
Most Disruptive Industry Innovators
Other Disruptive Industry Innovators
Strategies Fostering Best Practices
Top 10 Findings—CEOs’ Perspectives on Growth, Innovation, and Leadership
Definitions of Growth Opportunity/Disruptive Technology Themes
The Frost & Sullivan Story
List of Figures & Charts
1. Respondents’ Top 3 Countries, Asia, 2016
2. Growth Rate Assessment of Organization in the Last Three Years, Asia, 2016
3. Other Disruptive Industry Innovators, Asia, 2016
1. Role of Respondents, Asia, 2016
2. Key Growth Objectives in the Next Five Years, Asia, 2016
3. Satisfaction with the Level of Organizational Growth, Asia, 2016
4. Growth Strategies, Asia, 2016
5. Growth Opportunity Themes, Asia, 2016
6. Regional Distribution of Growth Resources, Asia, 2016
7. Ability to Conduct Different Strategies, Asia, 2016
8. People Involved in Growth Opportunities Development, Asia, 2016
9. Value of Information from Different Sources, Asia, 2016
10. External Growth Challenges, Asia, 2016
11. Internal Growth Challenges, Asia, 2016
12. Potentially Disruptive Technology Themes, Asia, 2016
13. Potentially Disruptive Mega Trends, Asia, 2016
14. Potentially Disruptive Business Models, Asia, 2016
15. Company Growth Performance, Asia, 2016
16. Company Innovation Performance, Asia, 2016
17. Most Disruptive Industry Innovators, Asia, 2016
18. Strategies Fostering Best Practices, Asia, 2016