This research service aims at identifying and analyzing key trends in the connected truck market that are poised to shape the future of logistics industry. The logistics supply chain market is being challenged as it is expected to perform mission-critical functions while bringing about complete transparency in end-to-end supply chain processes. Speedy delivery and user experience are identified as emerging critical factors in the logistics industry. Automation of key connected truck services such as fleet management, order management, and freight aggregation brings complete visibility to the system while effectively utilizing the assets and ensuring on-time delivery. The study analyzes key trends such as Uber for Trucks, Internet of Things (IoT) in trucks, artificial intelligence, autonomous technologies, 3D printing, and its impact and value proposition to the global logistics industry. Growth opportunities have been clearly mapped with a call to action for stakeholders for improved decision making. The study period is from 2016 to 2025. Other important topics covered in this study include global logistics spending by key segments, transportation breakdown by key regions, evolution of logistics service provider, transformational shifts in automotive logistics supply chain, roadmap of technological advancements, technology transformations, futuristic scenarios impacting global logistics supply chain, and trends impacting ground logistics and freight brokerage.
Why Connected Truck Market?
1. By 2020, more than 35 million of trucks globally will be connected.
2. Nearly 40% of fleet managers feel connected trucks are a “must have”.
3. With smart roads and smart cities, smart trucks will be a necessity.
4. High value proposition for all ecosystem partners.
5. Future trucks allow the user to easily pay for fuel, toll, parking, infotainment, and many more in real time.
Key questions this study will answer:
1. What is the role of connected trucks in logistics and how is it poised to change the future landscape of logistics?
2. What are the key regions contributing to the global logistics industry? What is the breakdown for transportation channels within the identified key regions?
3. What are the top 5 trends in the connected trucks industry that are poised to transform the future of logistics? What are the implications and value propositions they offer?
4. What are the futuristic scenarios impacting the global logistics supply chain? What is the significance of connected trucks in ground logistics and freight brokerage?
5. What are the opportunities for connected truck players in the logistics ecosystem? What are some of the key focus areas and conforming implications?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
Connectivity and Convergence
Bricks & Clicks
New Business Models
Roadmap of Technological Advancements in Logistics
Technology Transformations in Logistics
Futuristic Scenarios Impacting the Global Logistics Supply Chain
Futuristic Trends Impacting Ground Logistics and Freight Brokerage
Research Scope, Objectives, Background, and Methodology
Research Aims and Objectives
Definitions and Segmentation
Light Commercial Vehicles (LCVs)
Medium Commercial Vehicles (MCVs)
Heavy Commercial Vehicles (HCVs)
Global Logistics Market Overview
Global Logistics Spending
Transportation Breakdown—Key Regions
Evolution of Logistics Service Providers (LSPs)
Transformational Shifts in Automotive Logistics Supply Chain
Key Connected Truck Trends Shaping the Future of Logistics
Trend 1—Uber for Trucks
Trend 1—Uber for Trucks: Impact on Logistics
Trend 1—Uber for Trucks: Value Proposition
Trend 2—IoT in Trucks
Trend 2—IoT in Trucks: Impact on Logistics
Trend 2—IoT in Trucks: Value Proposition
Trend 3—Autonomous Technologies
Trend 3—Autonomous Technologies: Impact on Logistics
Trend 3—Autonomous Technologies: Value Proposition
Trend 4—3D Printing
Trend 4—3D Printing: Impact on Logistics
Trend 4—3D Printing: Value Proposition
Trend 5—AI: Impact on Logistics
Trend 5—AI: Value Proposition
Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
Transformation in the Freight Industry Ecosystem—2016
Growth Opportunity 1—Social Collaboration
Strategic Imperatives for TSPs and OEMs
Conclusions and Future Outlook
The Last Word—3 Big Predictions
Abbreviations and Acronyms Used
Market Engineering Methodology
List of Figures & Charts
1. Connected Truck Market: Key Participants, Global, 2016
1. Connected Truck Market: Key Findings, Global, 2016
2. Connected Truck Market: Technology Roadmap, Global, 2000–2020
3. Connected Truck Market: Technology Transformation, Global, 2016
4. Connected Truck Market: Futuristic Scenarios, Global, 2016
5. Connected Truck Market: Logistics Spending, Global, 2016
6. Connected Truck Market: Transportation Breakdown, Global, 2016
7. Connected Truck Market: Evolution of LSP, Global, 2016
8. Connected Truck Market: Transformational Shifts, Global, 2016
9. Connected Truck Market: Uber for Trucks, Global, 2016
10. Connected Truck Market: IoT in Trucks, Global, 2016
11. Connected Truck Market: Autonomous Technologies, Global, 2016
12. Connected Truck Market: Autonomous Technologies—Impact on Logistics, Global, 2010–2035
13. Connected Truck Market: Autonomous Technologies—Value Proposition, Global, 2016
14. Connected Truck Market: 3D Printing, Global, 2016
15. Connected Truck Market: 3D Printing—Impact on Logistics, Global, 2016
16. Connected Truck Market: 3D Printing—Value Proposition, Global, 2016
17. Connected Truck Market: AI, Global, 2016