Amidst seismic events such as Brexit and oil production cuts, what is the outlook for the world economy in 2018? How will monetary policy tightening and landmark tax reforms influence the growth trajectory of key advanced and emerging market economies? This study answers these questions and more by evaluating the global and regional economic outlook across geographies. World GDP growth is estimated to have risen to 3.6% in 2017 and is expected to further strengthen to 3.7% in 2018, with higher growth expected across emerging markets and developing economies. In regards to emerging market giants, China is expected to witness a marginal growth slowdown in 2018 with the deepening of structural reforms; India’s g
The global economic outlook section of this study covers topics in regards to GDP growth, inflation, trade, investment, and oil production, while the region economic outlook section covers topics in regards to GDP growth and key economic developments. Regions covered in the study include North America, Latin America, Africa, Europe, Middle East, and Asia-Pacific.
Key Issues Addressed
- What are the top global economic predictions for 2018?
- What is the 2018 global growth outlook?
- How is GDP growth expected to evolve across major economies such as the United States, China, and India?
- What the top 5 regional economic predictions for different geographies?
- Which are the world’s fastest growing economies in 2017 and 2018?
- What is the outlook for oil production cuts by OPEC and its allies?
- What are the imminent implications of key economic developments such as monetary policy tightening in North America, VAT introduction in the GCC, and Brexit?
- What is the outlook for major trade negotiations or trade deals such as the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and the Continental Free Trade Agreement (CFTA)?