Airlines are exploring new ways to increase their ancillary revenues and remain profitable. Analytics and digital programs that optimize inefficiencies are increasingly being trailed and implemented to attract customers and improve KPIs.
This research service focuses on the competitive profiling of 17 global airline and airline groups that include 4 from the United States, 4 from Europe, 1 from South America, 1 from Russia/CIS, 2 from the Middle East, and 5 from Asia.
The 10-year profiling (2008 to 2017) of these airlines and airline groups includes their financial performance, major traffic, and capacity metrics, as well as key strategic highlights. These 17 carriers represent more than 40% of the global passenger traffic, and their performance is directly linked to the financial health of the airline industry and the wider aviation supply chain. An airline’s long-term corporate strategy, driving inorganic growth and strategic partnerships, as well as the implementation of profit-improvement initiatives are mirrored in its financial and operating performance. An insight on the airline fleet expansion trends, operating costs, operating metrics and revenue trends, would be beneficial to airline IT suppliers, onboard retailers, technology partners and aircraft manufacturers to get a holistic view of where the airline industry is headed.
Specifically, the study features strategic highlights of American Airlines Corporation, Delta Airlines Inc., Southwest Airlines, United Continental Holdings Inc., Aegean Airlines S.A, Easyjet PLC, Air France-KLM, Lufthansa Group, Aeroflot PJSC, Turkish Airlines, Emirates Airlines, ANA Holdings Inc., China Eastern Airline, China Southern Airline, Spicejet Limited, Air China, and LATAM Airlines.
Key Issues Addressed
- Where is the airline industry headed and what is the impact of rapid growth expansion on airline financials and operating metrics?
- What is the typical operating cost breakdown of global airlines and how has this changed over the years?
- What are the strategies adopted by airlines to overcome a challenging operating environment?
- What are the trends in airline revenues and yields?
- What is the growth and importance of ancillary revenues in airline financials?
- What are the industry benchmarks that can be used by existing and new industry players to better position themselves in the marketplace?