The cost of genomic sequencing has significantly declined in the recent past with the utilization of high-throughput sequencers creating opportunities for Next-generation Sequencing (NGS) informatics to develop genetic insights from the growing volume of sequencing data. As NGS technologies mature and the market stakeholders develop clarity on industry requirements, the market is expected to undergo significant transformation. Primary and secondary analyses are getting automated and commoditized with market growth being propelled by clinically focused tertiary analysis solutions. Support from government and R&D labs, launch of national-level genomic data collection initiatives, and expanding usage in the clinical space have provided impetus to the market in Europe.
The NGS Informatics market has been segmented into 3 segments: secondary analysis, tertiary analysis and data storage. The European NGS Informatics market was worth $236.6 million in 2016 and is expected to reach $508.6 million by 2021 at a CAGR of 16.5%. Tertiary analysis represents the highest market share of 72%, followed by secondary analysis at 22% and data storage at 6%. The European NGS informatics is a competitive space with a handful global players and a large number of regional players vying for market share.
Opportunities in NGS informatics market in Europe:
• As the industry matures, end users of NGS informatics services will look for focused and customized solutions. Customers expect seamless end-to-end genetic solutions in an easy-to-use format at competitive prices.
• Exacted NGS informatics is to be used for discovery and development in precision medicine, molecular diagnostics, and so on.
• Application of Big Data methodologies to handle the burgeoning genomic dataset and inclusion of novel data sources such as multi-omics and EMR/EHR data is expected.
• NGS informatics is likely to find application in novel areas such as agriculture/plant/animal biotechnology and in industries such as consumer products and food and nutrition.
Europe is a key market in the global NGS informatics space with the presence of cutting-edge NGS technology infrastructure, a highly educated population receptive of NGS technologies and significant government support. UK, Germany, and France are likely to emerge as key markets. However, with a fragmented market and diverse regulatory and reimbursement rules across nations, NGS informatics companies are likely to face challenges in successful commercialization of their solutions.
This study highlights the growing prominence of NGS informatics industry in Europe, growth opportunities, competitive dynamics, and a regional analysis of Europe.
Key Questions this Study will Answer:
1. How is the market attractiveness for NGS service informatics over the years?
2. What are the factors driving the demand for NGS informatics?
3. Who will be the key users of NGS informatics in the future?
4. What will be the focal areas of application of informatics services?
5. What are the factors impacting informatics providers?
6. What are the key challenges being faced by stakeholders?
7. Which are the game-changing companies at work?
8. What are the strategic levers to stay on the growth trajectory?
9. How is the changing economic scenario affecting the regional market?
10. Which are the key markets in Europe?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Dashboard
Purpose of this Experiential Study
Scope and Segmentation
5-Step Process to Transformational Growth
Market Engineering Measurements
Key Findings—How is this Market Important to You?
Big Market Themes
Transformation in NGS Informatics Industry Ecosystem
5 Major Growth Opportunities
Strategic Imperatives for NGS Informatics Providers
Growth Environment—Market Overview
Market Background and Overview
Industry Value Chain
Market Drivers and Restraints
Growth Environment—Market Forecasts
Market Engineering Measurements
Revenue Forecast Assumptions
Growth Environment—Competitive Playbook
Competitive Factors and Assessment
Key Companies to Watch
NGS Informatics Market—Macro-to-Micro Visioning
NGS Informatics Trends—2016 to 2021
Growth Pipeline, Strategy and Implementation
Growth Opportunity 1—End-to-End Services
Growth Opportunity 2—Precision Medicine
Growth Opportunity 3—Big Data Analysis
Growth Opportunity 4—Novel End Users
Growth Opportunity 5—Multiomics
Growth Opportunity Matrix
The Last Word
Top Predictions for the NGS Informatics Market
Additional Sources of Information
List of Figures & Charts
1. Next-generation Sequencing Informatics Market: Market Drivers and Restraints, Europe, 2017–2021
2. Next-generation Sequencing Informatics Market: Market Challenges, Europe, 2017–2021
3. Next-generation Sequencing Informatics Market: Market Engineering Measurements, Europe, 2016
4. Next-generation Sequencing Informatics Market: Collaboration Assessment, Europe, 2015–2017
5. Next-generation Sequencing Informatics Market: Market Outlook, Europe, 2016–2021
6. NGS Informatics Market: Growth Opportunity Matrix, Europe, 2016–2021
7. Next-generation Sequencing Informatics Market: Trends in Importance Level of Key Competitive Factors, Europe, 2016
8. Next-generation Sequencing Informatics Market: Revenue Breakdown by Segments,
Europe, 2016 & 2021
1. Next-generation Sequencing Informatics Market: Market Engineering Measurements, Europe, 2016
2. Next-generation Sequencing Informatics Market: Revenue Forecast, Europe, 2013–2021
3. Next-generation Sequencing Informatics Market: Multifaceted Growth, Europe, 2016–2021