The Japanese DDoS solutions market recorded a significant growth rate of 57.3% on a YoY basis in 2016, generating $32.5 million. In terms of technology, on-premise solutions became the dominant revenue contributor in the market for 2016, accounting for 69.1% of the revenue, whilst the cloud-based segment accounted for 30.9%. The cloud-based DDoS segment in Japan is nascent or at the early stages of growth. However, there is a shift in the IT spending trend—from the general adoption of on-premise solutions to the service model. Therefore, the segment will show a stronger growth than on-premise solutions.
In addition to market growth analysis, the study highlights the key driving forces of the DDoS market. Key drivers include better awareness of security due to constantly evolving DDoS attacks which will eventually stimulate the stronger adoption of DDoS solutions; growing concerns over threats to key infrastructure and strong requirements for cyber resiliency which are driving government organizations and service providers to upgrade their network infrastructure and mitigation capacities; the rise in the number of connected devices (IoT devices) which requires businesses and service providers to strengthen their protection capability; tightened requirements for compliances which drive organizations to invest in DDoS solutions to protect infrastructure and data; growing concerns over business disruption and reputation loss which drive many large organizations to expand their in-house DDoS mitigation capacity; and incomplete ability of legacy security approaches which causes customers to look at dedicated defense solutions to tackle threats and mitigate attacks.
Market trends are analyzed for the study period 2015 to 2021, with the base year being 2016. DDoS solution is the key focus area in this study. The vertical segmentation in this study includes the government, banking, financial services and Insurance (BFSI), service provider, manufacturing, education, eCommerce, and other sectors.
Companies mentioned in the Japanese DDoS solution market's competitive landscape include Akamai, Arbor Networks, F5 Networks, Radware, and Genie Networks, among others.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• Is the DDoS solution market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
• Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
• Will DDoS solutions continue to exist, or will other solutions and services take its place?
• How will the structure of the market change with time?
• Will the services replace the product markets?
• What are the most common DDoS threats in Japan?
Table of Contents
1. Market Overview
Market Definitions—Solution Deployment
Market Overview—Geographical Coverage
Forecasts and Trends
Market Engineering Measurements
Percent Revenue Forecast by Segment
Revenue Forecast by Segment
Market Share and Competitive Landscape Analysis
Availability and Completeness of DDoS Solution Offerings
Country/Region Code Legend for Security Operation Centers and Scrubbing Centers
Akamai—Market Share Analysis by Country
Arbor Networks—Market Share Analysis by Country
F5 Networks—Market Share Analysis by Country
Radware—Market Share Analysis by Country
Genie Networks—Market Share Analysis by Country
Growth Opportunities and Call to Action
Transformation in Web Application Firewall Industry Ecosystem
Growth Opportunity 1—Threat Research Services for IoT Vendors
Growth Opportunity 2—Dark Web Surveillance Services
Growth Opportunity 3—Integration of Threat intelligence
Growth Opportunity 4—DNS Server DDoS Mitigation
Growth Opportunity 5—DDoS Defense Training and Drills
5 Major Growth Opportunities
Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
The Last Word
Four Big Predictions
Market Engineering Methodology
List of Figures & Charts
1. DDoS Solution Market: Regional Coverage, Japan, 2016
2. DDoS Solution Market: Market Engineering Measurements, Japan, 2016
3. DDoS Solution Market: Revenue Forecast by Segment, Japan, 2015–2021
4. DDoS Solution Market: Availability and Completeness of DDoS Solution Offerings, Japan, 2016
1. DDoS Solution Market: Research Methodology, Japan, 2016
2. DDoS Solution Market: Customer Segmentation, Japan, 2016
3. DDoS Solution Market: Revenue Forecast, Japan, 2015–2021
4. DDoS Solution Market: Percent Revenue Forecast by Segment, Japan, 2015–2021
5. DDoS Solution Market: Percent of Revenue, Japan, 2016
6. DDoS Solution Market: Market Share by Country, APAC, 2016
7. DDoS Solution Market: Market Share by Country, APAC, 2016
8. DDoS Solution Market: Market Share by Country, APAC, 2016
9. DDoS Solution Market: Market Share by Country, APAC, 2016
10. DDoS Solution Market: Market Share by Country, APAC, 2016