The Latin American Information Technology (IT) industry is growing quickly. Companies of different sizes and across a variety of verticals are increasingly understanding the benefits of IT and increasing their technology budgets to support business operations. Technologies are being leveraged to support companies' digital transformation process. Big Data Analytics emerged as a technology that is being discussed inside and outside IT departments.
Companies across several industry verticals have realized that they need to harness the power of data coming from a variety of sources to survive. Internet of Things (IoT) is also a trend that will increase the availability of data to be analyzed and will open opportunities for product and process enhancements and for the creation of new business models. Companies are also leveraging cloud computing to support their digital transformation because it enables fast processing and storage on a consumption basis with more attractive prices. Cloud computing can also act as an important element to support innovation, as companies can use cloud platforms for easier and faster development.
Research, Methodology & Scope:
Frost & Sullivan conducted detailed primary interviews with leading providers, analyzed their quarterly and annual reports, and utilized internal databases to perform a detailed revenue analysis of the analyzed markets. The resulting revenue market size reflects a sum total of our estimates for individual companies.
In this research, Frost & Sullivan examines the Latin American IT market, composed of Big Data and Analytics, Infrastructure as a Service, Data Center Services, Managed Security Services, IoT, and Mobile Device Management (MDM). The six markets first mentioned have a regional coverage comprised of estimations for the combination of at least the six major economies in the region—Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, and Peru. The IoT analysis refers only to Brazil, while the MDM analysis covers Brazil and Mexico. The study period is from 2016 to 2017, with a base year of 2016.
The study examines the current market size and growth forecasts as well as the market development stage. This research also provides insights regarding growth opportunities and emerging trends that will affect market participants over the forecast period.
Key Questions this Study will Answer:
• What is the total size of the IT market in Latin America and how is it expected to grow from 2016 to 2017?
• What are the main IT trends in each of the analyzed markets?
• What are the main growth opportunities in each of the analyzed markets?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
Top Information Technology Industry Predictions for 2017
IT Industry—Impact Analysis
Market Snapshot—IT Industry
Market Snapshot—Big Data and Analytics
Market Snapshot—Infrastructure as a Service
Market Snapshot—Data Center Services
Market Snapshot—Internet of Things
Market Snapshot—Managed Security Services
Market Snapshot—Mobile Device Management
End-user Insights—Primary Drivers for IT Investments
End-user Insights—Plans for IT investment
BDA Growth Opportunity—Industry-oriented Approach
BDA Growth Opportunity—Advisory and Educational Approach
BDA Growth Opportunity—Non-technical Solutions
IaaS Growth Opportunity—Hybrid Cloud
IaaS Growth Opportunity—Managed Services
IaaS Growth Opportunity—Feature Rich Solutions
Data Center Growth Opportunity—Cloud Computing
Data Center Growth Opportunity—Digital Transformation
Data Center Growth Opportunity—Vertical Specialization
IoT Growth Opportunity: Vertical Integration—Automotive
IoT Growth Opportunity: Vertical Integration—Manufacturing
MSS Growth Opportunity—Advanced Threats
MSS Growth Opportunity—IoT
MSS Growth Opportunity—Geographic Expansion
MDM Growth Opportunity—EMM
Strategic Imperatives for IT Providers
Conclusions and Outlook
Key Conclusions and Outlook
Frost & Sullivan Reports Used as Sources
The Frost & Sullivan Story
List of Figures & Charts
1. Information Technology Industry: Top Predictions, Latin America, 2017
1. Information Technology Industry: IT Trends Impact, Latin America, 2016 and 2017
2. Information Technology Industry: Revenue by Sector, Latin America, 2016 and 2017
3. Information Technology Industry: BDA Revenue, Latin America, 2016 and 2017
4. Information Technology Industry: BDA Revenue Breakdown by Product, Latin America, 2017
5. Information Technology Industry: IaaS Revenue, Latin America, 2016 and 2017
6. Information Technology Industry: IaaS Revenue Breakdown by Product, Latin America, 2017
7. Information Technology Industry: Data Center Revenue, Latin America, 2016 and 2017
8. Information Technology Industry: Data Center Revenue Breakdown by Product, Latin America, 2017
9. Information Technology Industry: IoT Revenue, Brazil, 2016 and 2017
10. Information Technology Industry: IoT Revenue Breakdown by Vertical, Brazil, 2017
11. Information Technology Industry: MSS Revenue, Latin America, 2016 and 2017
12. Information Technology Industry: MSS Revenue Breakdown by Product, Latin America, 2017
13. Information Technology Industry: MDM Revenue, Brazil and Mexico, 2016 and 2017
14. Information Technology Industry: MDM Revenue Breakdown by Country, Brazil and Mexico, 2017
15. Information Technology Industry: Top Drivers for IT Investment, Latin America, 2016–2018
16. Information Technology Industry: Plans for IT Investment, Latin America, 2016–2018