The aim of this study is to evaluate the opportunities for metering (positive displacement) pumps across sectors in North America assessing the regional trends during 2017–2022. It covers the growth opportunities for process equipment pump companies across the region and shows how the changing landscape and evolving needs are driving the adoption of smarter metering pumps capable of addressing all the challenges currently faced by customers.
The report also sheds light on how as economies recover and export markets are restored, the growth rate for metering pumps in North America is expected to witness a gradual increase in terms of revenues and unit shipment. This study identifies the latest trends in terms of industry, economy, and technology across several end-user industries for metering pumps and product types such as diaphragm, gear, lobe, peristaltic, vane, piston, screw and progressive cavity pumps in the region.
The study concludes with an analysis of forecast growth trends in the process equipment market. It analyzes the current and future trends in the North American metering pumps market based on the different end users such as oil and gas and food and beverage and product types such as diaphragm, piston/plunger, and peristaltic.
The study discusses the market drivers and restraints and their impact on the overall market dynamics. It also discusses the competitive structure and share analysis of the total metering pumps market. Moreover, it sheds light on on the impact of recession on these end-user markets as well as the total market.
The following are the key questions that this study seeks to answer:
• How is the market expected to grow between 2017 and 2022?
• What are the key market drivers and restraints?
• How will these factors impact the market in the long term?
• What are the key business trends that are poised to disrupt the market?
• Which pump types show the strongest potential for growth and at what rates are they expected to grow?
• Which key Mega Trends from select end-user industries are the main propellers of economic activity in North America?
• How has the competitive landscape changed?
• What is the relative position of competitors in the North American metering pumps market?
While the total metering pump market is projected to follow a slow-growth period, market application areas such as anti-corrosion and anti-foaming processes are expected to have a modest market demand in the short term. Similarly, the use of energy-efficient technologies and drilling equipment is influencing the long-term purchase decisions of end users, subsequently impacting the demand for the different metering technologies in the market. Regardless of the optimistic or pessimistic perspectives on the future of oil prices and their impact on the profitability of the oil business in the US, the challenge for metering pump manufacturers is to develop a long-term market positioning strategy by maneuvering among different activities and diversifying into related lines of business. Automated solutions are expected to play a key role in metering applications, driving the demand for integrated solutions.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
Market Engineering Measurements
Market Distribution Channels
Drivers and Restraints—Total Metering Pumps Market
Forecasts and Trends—Total Metering Pumps Market
Market Engineering Measurements
Pricing Trends and Forecast
Percent Revenue Forecast by Country
Revenue Forecast by Country
Revenue Forecast by Vertical Market
Percent Revenue Forecast by Distribution Channel
Market Share and Competitive Analysis—Total Metering Pumps Market
Market Share Analysis
Competitive Factors and Assessment
Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
Major Growth Opportunities
Growth Opportunity 1—Energy Efficiency on the Forefront
Growth Opportunity 2—Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
Growth Opportunity 3—Changing Market Dynamics
Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
The Last Word
The Last Word—3 Big Predictions
Market Engineering Methodology
Additional Sources of Information on Study Topic
List of Companies in “Others”
Partial List of Companies Interviewed
Learn More—Next Steps
List of Figures & Charts
1. Total Metering Pumps Market: Key Market Drivers, NA, 2017–2022
2. Total Metering Pumps Market: Key Market Restraints, NA, 2017–2022
3. Total Metering Pumps Market: Market Engineering Measurements, NA, 2016
4. Total Metering Pumps Market: Revenue Forecast by Country, NA, 2013–2022
5. Total Metering Pumps Market: Company Market Share Analysis of Top 5 Participants, NA, 2016
6. Total Metering Pumps Market: Competitive Structure, NA, 2016
1. Total Metering Pumps Market: Market Engineering Measurements, NA, 2016
2. Total Metering Pumps Market: Market Segmentation, NA, 2016
3. Total Metering Pumps Market: Percent Revenue Breakdown, NA, 2016
4. Total Metering Pumps Market: Distribution Channel Analysis, NA, 2016
5. Total Metering Pumps Market: Revenue Forecast, NA, 2013–2022
6. Total Metering Pumps Market: Average Price for Metering Pumps, NA, 2013–2022
7. Total Metering Pumps Market: Percent Revenue Forecast by Country or Region, NA, 2013–2022
8. Total Metering Pumps Market: Revenue Forecast by Vertical Market, NA, 2013–2022
9. Total Metering Pumps Market: Percent Revenue Forecast by Distribution Channel,
10. Total Metering Pumps Market: Percent Revenue Breakdown, NA, 2016