This research service discusses the automation and services revenue generated by various automation and safety system suppliers. The companies involved in this study are all major vendors. The objective is to identify the major end users, the distribution channel for each product, and the major projects that use automation and safety systems in Thailand. The report also discusses the revenue contribution by product type and regions of interest for automation vendors. Historical data from 2012 to 2014 are examined and included. Considering the prevailing political, legal, and economic situation and other trends, the study also forecasts revenue and growth rates till 2020 and discusses major factors affecting the industry. Drivers, restraints, and initiatives and support from public and private organizations are also provided. Revenue split among major vendors has been discussed for the total market and also for each product segment, while analyzing their strengths across major end-user industries, product segments, and key competitive factors. The study also showcases hotspots of growth in Thailand and analyzes trends across key industries. The major end-user industries covered in this study are Oil and Gas (O&G), Chemicals and Petrochemicals (C&P), Power Generation (PG), Food and Beverage (F&B), Automotive, Water and Wastewater Treatment (WWT), Electronics and Semiconductors (E&S), Pulp and Paper (P&P), Metals and Mining (M&M), Packaging, and Textiles. The product segment includes automation and control technologies such as Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Distributed Control System (DCS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System (SCADA), Human Machine Interface (HMI), and Safety Systems. Process and factory automation have been covered as the two major types of automation and the main automation components mentioned in the study comprise of hardware, software, and services.
The study answers the following key questions:
• What are the prevailing trends in the automation and control market in Thailand and what will it look like in the years to come?
• Who are the major market participants and what is the competitive scenario currently?
• Will the current suppliers be able to meet customer needs? Does the market offer opportunities for new entrants?
• What is the total market for automation and control market in Thailand and what factors will impede/help with adoption?
• What factors do end users look at while choosing a supplier and why?
• Who are the major end users of automation systems in Thailand and what are the key areas vendors should focus on so as to retain and increase market share?