With rapid proliferation of smart electronic gadgets and devices in various industries including consumer electronics, healthcare, and automotive, the manufacturers and developers are constantly under pressure to add smart and innovative features to sustain competition. High dependability on smartphones, tablets, laptops, and medical devices, minimizing down time has turned to be a critical aspect of technology development.
Rapid/ quick/ fast/ supercharging of electronic devices is gaining momentum among various stakeholders in the electronics ecosystem. Rapid charging can enable charging of devices in few seconds or minutes. Consumer electronics industry is highly competitive and adding features such as rapid charging will create competitive advantage for stakeholders. Smart phones, laptops, wearables, hearing aids/ear phones, cameras, trimmers, EVs will benefit from rapid charging in the medium-long term.
The rapid charging technology is poised to impact portable electronics in 2019. By 2021, rapid charging will evolve from being an emerging technology to next generation charging platform for various electronic applications. Strategic alliances (collaboration/partnership/joint venture), technology licensing can drive technology development and adoption in existing and niche market segments.
The technology and innovation report discusses the impact of rapid charging on portable electronic devices. Some of the key questions addressed in the report are highlighted below:
1. What is the significance of rapid charging technology?
2. What are the key applications impacted by the technology?
3. What are key factors influencing adoption?
4. Who are the major innovators and innovations?
5. What is the future prospect of the technology?
6. How does patent and funding drive technology development?
7. What sort of strategies OEMs need to embrace to gain entry and sustain competition?