Globally, 2019 will be a year of value-based care, as ‘outcome-based care’ focus will globalize. This will trigger the maturation of risk-sharing in solution contracting between providers and drug/device OEMs, driving business value for providers. Access to affordable and quality care will be key political agendas for the upcoming 2019 elections in emerging markets such as Asia, Africa, and Central and Eastern European countries. Future drugs and devices R&D investments will be more targeted to meet the unique needs of emerging markets.As the lines between retail, IT, and healthcare markets continue to blur, digital marketplace providers such as Amazon will dominate the home health space, but will find it d
In this research deliverable, Frost & Sullivan provides bold perspectives and predictions for the global healthcare market in 2019. The sectors covered include pharmaceuticals and biotech, in-vitro diagnostics, medical technologies, medical imaging, and healthcare IT. The analysis captures sectoral and regional trends and provides predictions for the upcoming year. The study provides guidance on where to find the greatest opportunities for expansion.
Predictions for the global healthcare market in 2019 include:
- Value-based care progressing globally
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) exploding across the healthcare and life sciences ecosystem post flagship level use cases yielding positive results
- Digital health coming of age with increased focus on individual care
- Asia becoming the new local innovation hub for global drug and device OEMs
- Healthcare data analytics focus shifting from Big Data to meaningful small data by hospital specialty
- Healthcare to be a dominant vertical in voice applications as HIPAA-compliant voice and chatbot applications for healthcare gain prominence
- Blockchain move from hype to reality with initial commercial implementations across focused B2B enterprise blockchain applications
- Innovative private insurance models shaking up the healthcare payer market
Key Issues Addressed
- What are the top predictions for healthcare markets in 2018?
- What are the market revenues and growth rates expected for the global healthcare market?
- What are the key projections and growth opportunities for major healthcare market segments?
- What are the major macro and micro-regional/country-level trends specific to the healthcare market?
- What are the key technologies and growth opportunities to watch out for during 2018?
Author: Kamaljit Behara