Enterprise learning management systems (LMS) serve as an excellent means to deliver multimedia and interactive course content to today’s generation of digitally connected employees. The global LMS market crossed $1.63 billion in revenue in 2016 and is expected to grow to $3.20 billion at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.9%. This market is characterized by seismic shifts in technological demands and innovation, a solid movement to the cloud, and a user-centric product development strategy.
This study offers a look at the global enterprise LMS market including revenue, unit shipment, and pricing trend forecasts up to 2022 using a base year of 2015. Analysis and discussion are presented in terms of the following regions: North America and Latin America (NALA), Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA).
The research highlights key trends impacting the global enterprise LMS market and outlines future implications. These trends include: Using Big Data to predict and prescribe learning content; hyper connectivity driving movement to the cloud; and growth of the extended enterprise LMS market.
A competitive landscape, concerning major participants and market share analysis, is also provided for Sumtotal Systems, SAP Successfactors, Cornerstone, Oracle Taleo, Blackboard, SABA Software, and IBM Kenexa.
Key questions this study answers:
• Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
• What regional trends exist in the LMS market, and what do they mean for global growth strategies for vendors?
• Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs, or is additional development needed?
• What are the critical success factors? Who is further along the curve in addressing these issues?
• What are the major drivers and restraints in the LMS market? What do vendors need to know to stay ahead of the curve?
• What are the key trends and how will they impact the LMS market?
Readers who can benefit from the content found in this research include:
Enterprises, LMS vendors, complementary vendors such as lecture capture solution vendors, massive online open courses vendors, device vendors, and anyone looking to venture into the enterprise LMS market.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
Market Engineering Measurements
Market Overview—Common LMS Features
Market Overview—Regions Covered
Regional Market Life Cycle Analysis
Market Distribution Channel
Drivers and Restraints
Changing workforce demographics and dynamics that deem the need for anytime, anywhere learning is increasing adoption of LMS to meet these changing needs
Increasing need for continuous learning to improve business performance is driving adoption of LMS
Employees are demanding a seamless user experience across devices, driving LMS to develop solutions that are intuitive, easy to use, accessible, and not click heavy
Need to address regulatory compliance requirements requires LMS deployment
Growing demand for collaborative and team learning is driving demand for enterprise LMS
Growing BYOD trend and increasing penetration of bandwidth are enabling the adoption of LMS
Client organizations are struggling to keep up with the latest in compliance training and to ensure effective employee skill development
Widespread awareness about the potential benefits of LMS and saturation of large markets are lacking
Huge licensing and maintenance costs for proprietary LMS and huge installation and customization costs for both proprietary and open source LMS diminish revenues and revenue growth levels
Commoditization of LMS features reduces average selling price and thus potential for revenue growth in the market
Fear of unprotected intellectual property in the form of training content constrains deployment of LMS
High level of dissatisfaction among customers restricts investment in LMS
Forecasts and Trends
Pricing Trends and Forecast
Percent Revenue Forecast by Region
Revenue Forecast by Region
Market Share and Competitive Analysis
Market Share by Revenue
Market Share by Revenue
Market Share by End User
Competitive Landscape Analysis
Competitive Factors and Assessment
Market Leaders—Enterprise LMS Market
Market Challengers—Enterprise LMS Market
Key Trends in the Enterprise LMS Market
Impact of Key Trends on the Enterprise LMS Market
Using Big Data to predict and prescribe learning content
Hyper connectivity driving movement to the cloud
Growth of the extended enterprise LMS market
NALA Regional Analysis
NALA Key Findings
EMEA Regional Analysis
EMEA Key Findings
Revenue Forecast EMEA
APAC Regional Analysis
APAC Key Findings
The Last Word
The Last Word—3 Big Predictions
Market Engineering Methodology
Market Engineering Measurements
Partial List of Companies Interviewed
List of Exhibits
List of Figures & Charts
1. Enterprise LMS Market: Common Features, Global, 2016
2. Enterprise LMS Market: Key Market Drivers, Global, 2017–2022
3. Enterprise LMS Market: Key Market Restraints, Global, 2017–2022
4. Enterprise LMS Market: Revenue Forecast by Region, Global, 2015–2022
5. Enterprise LMS Market: Competitive Structure, Global, 2016
6. Enterprise LMS Market: Key Trends Impact, Global, 2017–2022
7. Enterprise LMS Market: Market Engineering Measurements, Global, 2016
1. Enterprise LMS Market: Market Engineering Measurements, Global, 2016
2. Enterprise LMS Market: Regional Market Life Cycle Analysis, Global, 2016
3. Enterprise LMS Market: Revenue by Distribution Channel, Global, 2016
4. Enterprise LMS Market: Revenue Forecast, Global, 2015–2022
5. Enterprise LMS Market: Unit Forecast, Global, 2015–2022
6. Enterprise LMS Market: Average Price per End User, Global, 2015–2022
7. Enterprise LMS Market: Percent Revenue Forecast by Region, Global, 2015–2022
8. Enterprise LMS Market: Percent Revenue Breakdown, Global, 2016
9. Enterprise LMS Market: Percent of End Users, Global, 2016
10. Enterprise LMS Market: Competitive Landscape, Global, 2016
11. Enterprise LMS Market: Revenue Forecast, NALA, 2015–2022
12. Enterprise LMS Market: Revenue Forecast, EMEA, 2015–2022
13. Enterprise LMS Market: Revenue Forecast, APAC, 2015–2022