The Latin American managed security services (MSS) market generated $455.9 million in 2016 and is expected to reach $936.1 million by 2021, presenting a CAGR of 15.5%. The nature of managed security services is starting to transform. Extensively dominated by asset management and monitoring, many clients in Latin America are showing interest in services that require a higher level of security and risk management, especially through the emergence of advanced threats such as targeted attacks, advanced persistent threats (APT), and larger and more sophisticated distributed denial of services (DDoS).
This research examines the MSS market in five Latin American countries/regions—the Andean Region, Brazil, Caribbean and Central America (CCA), Mexico, and the Southern Cone—segmented across four security lines: security asset management and monitoring; threat intelligence, detection, and remediation; risk and compliance management; and advanced and emerging managed security services. The study period is from 2016 to 2021, with a base year of 2016.
Although the mindset about security is gradually changing in Latin America, many regional companies remain more reactive than proactive—they invest in security only after being attacked. Yet security threats in the Latin American market are becoming much more advanced. Hackers know that many companies are not prepared, so they find a green field in the region to use for financial crimes, industrial espionage, and data theft. In this changing landscape, customers now want solutions that solve problems, rather than just alert of a “potential” problem. Successful managed security service providers (MSSPs) will demonstrate trustworthiness in remediation without interrupting a customer’s business operations. The challenge and complexity security poses for companies only tends to increase, so successful providers are the ones that stay close to the customers and adapt to unique and changing needs, understanding the vertical they are working within and providing the best solutions to keep end users safe.
The study examines the current Latin American MSS market’s competitive environment and looks at the growth opportunities and emerging trends that will affect companies over the forecast period.
Key questions this study will answer:
• What is the current state of MSS in Latin America?
• What is the market`s growth rate? How will it change in the forecast period?
• What are the trends driving the adoption of MSS?
• What differences exist between the countries in the region? How will they evolve?
• How is market revenue segmented by vertical industry?
• What types of MSSP services are being adopted? How is demand structured?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
Market Engineering Measurements
Drivers and Restraints—Managed Security Services Market
Forecasts and Trends—Managed Security Services Market
Percent Revenue Forecast by Region
Revenue Forecast by Country
Caribbean and Central America (CCA)
Revenue Forecast Discussion—All Countries
Percent Revenue Forecast by Service Type
Revenue Forecast by Service—
Security Asset Management and Monitoring
Threat Intelligence, Research, Detection, and Remediation
Risk and Compliance Management
Advanced and Emerging Managed Security Services
Percent Revenue Forecast by Vertical Market
Market Share and Competitive Analysis—Managed Security Services Market
Competitive Factors and Assessment
Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
The Last Word
The Last Word—Recommendations
Market Engineering Methodology
Market Engineering Measurements
List of Companies Included in “Others”
List of Figures & Charts
1. Managed Security Services Market: Key Market Drivers, Latin America, 2017–2021
2. Managed Security Services Market: Key Market Restraints, Latin America, 2017–2021
3. Managed Security Services Market: Competitive Structure, 2016
4. Managed Security Services Market: Market Engineering Measurements, Latin America, 2016
1. Managed Security Services Market: Market Engineering Measurements, Latin America, 2016
2. Managed Security Services Market: Market Cycle Analysis, Latin America, 2016
3. Managed Security Services Market: Revenue Forecast, Latin America*, 2016–2021
4. Managed Security Services Market: Percent Revenue Forecast by Region, Latin America, 2016–2021
5. Managed Security Services Market: Revenue Forecast, Brazil, 2016–2021
6. Managed Security Services Market: Revenue Forecast, Mexico, 2016–2021
7. Managed Security Services Market: Revenue Forecast, Andean Region, 2016–2021
8. Managed Security Services Market: Revenue Forecast, Southern Cone, 2016–2021
9. Managed Security Services Market: Revenue Forecast, CCA, 2016–2021
10. Managed Security Services Market: Percent Revenue by Service Type, Latin America, 2016–2021
11. Managed Security Services Market: Revenue Forecast for Security Asset Management and Monitoring, Latin America*, 2016–2021
12. Managed Security Services Market: Revenue Forecast for Threat Intelligence, Research, Detection, and Remediation, Latin America* 2016–2021
13. Managed Security Services Market: Revenue Forecast for Risk and Compliance Management, Latin America*, 2016–2021
14. Managed Security Services Market: Revenue Forecast for Advanced and Emerging MSS, Latin America* 2016–2021
15. Managed Security Services Market: Percent Revenue Forecast by Vertical Market, Latin America, 2016–2021
16. Managed Security Services Market: Percent Revenue Breakdown, Latin America, 2016