The growing demand for food, weather-related uncertainties , productivity losses, low yields due to the lack of operational efficiency, and the need for technology to improve all these factors has stimulated the precision/smart agriculture technology market.
The use of advanced equipment in farming (driverless tractors, drones, robots), new cultivation technologies (aeroponics, hydroponics), sensor technologies (for soil and water monitoring, livestock management, weather sensing), and software solutions that support farmers are focus areas in this market.
In this edition of the Agriculture & Nutrition Opportunity Engine Series, global growth opportunities in the precision/smart agriculture technology market are explored.
This study focuses on precision agriculture technological growth opportunities.
• Technological advancements across different categories, namely, hardware, software, communication, service requirements, and others, are analyzed.
• The drivers of technological innovation are also discussed.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• What does the future of technology in precision/smart agriculture look like, and what key challenges will impact the market in future?
• How do macroeconomic factors determine the need for advancements in technology and new product innovation, and how do they impact the final consumer?
• What are the most important enabling technologies in precision/smart agriculture that will see the greatest growth, and how are these likely to change in future?
• What are the primary consumer factors that will contribute to the overall growth and growth mix in the technology market for agriculture?