The global building automation systems (BAS) market is poised for healthy growth in the next five years. The key driving factors are growing use of internet of things (IoT) technology, the rising popularity of LED lights for utilization of energy efficiently, increased reliance on wireless technology, and concern for overall energy consumption in buildings. Distributors and system integrators will continue to dominate the sales distribution channels for BAS globally. However, direct sales from manufacturers are increasing in importance as suppliers seek to increase direct engagement with key customers as systems become more customized and technologically sophisticated. The growth in service-based business model
The study includes revenue forecasts at a global and regional level, driving and restraining forces, technology trends, application market forecasts, channel analysis, competitive analysis, and identification of growth opportunities in this dynamic market. The regional analysis breaks the market into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa, the Middle East, and Latin America.
Key Issues Addressed
- What drives and inhibits the growth of the global BA market and how?
- What are the major growth application markets, how long will they continue to grow, and at what rate?
- What are the controller and BA software pricing trends in the global BA market and what influences these trends?
- What are the different sales channels in the global BA market and what influences these channels? What are the key trends on new distribution channels?
- What factors affect adoption of BA in the regional markets and what are the trends during the forecast period?
- What are the main competitive factors of the participants in the BA market and the different tiers of the competitive landscape?
With a strong growth outlook for this market projected across the globe in line with increased connectivity and convergence, Frost & Sullivan expects the BA market to continue to attract new entrants with continuous innovation, thereby proving to be a healthy source of business growth opportunities.