Explore more Categories
Artificial Intelligence involves the science and engineering of developing intelligent machines
The manufacturing world is at a cusp of a new revolution that will redefine conventional business models
IoT will have a major impact on businesses and consumers in the future
The world is creating 2.5 exabytes of data daily
Our research seeks to connect-the-dots across multiple trends
Personal Robots are Set to Be a $19 Billion Market
Strategic Analysis of BREXIT and its Implications to Industries, Economies and Societies
Time for a Digital Revolution in the Women’s Health Market
iFrost is a digital platform for interactive and dynamic reporting of data.
The TOEs are a great source of information which gives corporates critical information on companies to action for their strategic investments either as an open source platform or to collaborate and to develop successful products
Market Stability Driven by Economic Recovery, Expansion of Virgin Polymer Capacity, and Growth in End-use Industries; Focus on Environment-friendly and Sustainable Product Offerings
save 15 %
* Required Fields
Pay by invoice
In this analysis, the Nigerian PE market is bifurcated by analyzing the supply-side and demand-side dynamics. From a supply standpoint, the local PE manufacturing industry is consolidated with one PE manufacturer. The local PE manufacturer, IEPL, supplies 47% of local demand, and the remaining 53% is supplied through imports. However, from demand perspective, the converter market generally ranges from small extrusion converters to big multinational injection molding converters. The conversion industry is fragmented with increased participation of foreign companies. The PE downstream applications can be segmented as blow molding, rotational molding, injection molding, film, coatings, and pipe & sheet applications. The various industries utilizing these downstream applications include consumer goods, medical and pharma, packaging, automotive, and construction, among others. Local converters generally source PE from both local suppliers and through imports due to the limited availability of locally produced polymers. On average, converters source 40.0% of their polymer feedstock locally and 60.0% through imports. It is assumed that the larger converter companies are more likely to source raw PE polymers from both local and global suppliers due to local PE feedstock constraints. The local packaging industry is the largest consumer of polyethylene and, therefore, the largest contributor to the economic growth. It encompasses many industries ranging from agriculture to cosmetics and further plays a role in virtually all other industries by means of application in the transport of end products. Based on drivers and restraints and the country’s GDP growth rate, which is expected to grow from 2.3% in 2019 to 2.4% in 2023, the PE market size growth rate is likely to increase from 4.5% in 2019 to 6.4% in 2023. In terms of material and product development, functionality and performance are key Mega Trends; these are the two top qualities that customers across industries seek. End-user industries, such as electrical and electronics, automotive, and construction are constantly evolving, leading to requirement for technically and functionally superior performance. Engineering plastics are increasingly feeling the pressure from high-performance polymers in new applications. The global plastics market is reeling under the weight of regulations for health hazards and emissions. With rising public consciousness, Nigeria is making strides with greener alternatives. Bio-based alternatives are now gaining ground. For instance, the Council of Science for Scientific and Industrial Research has developed a 100% biodegradable carrier bag made from maize and sugar cane by-products.
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Paints & Coatings Growth Opportunities
Global Bio-based Coatings, Adhesives, and Sealants (CAS) Growth Opportunities
Frost Radar™: Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing, Global, 2021
Global Fire Protection Coatings Growth Opportunities
Global 3D Printing Materials Growth Opportunities
Global Pharmaceutical Packaging Materials Growth Opportunities
Global Li-ion Battery Materials Growth Opportunities
Global Digital Health Solutions for Behavioral Health Management Growth Opportunities
Western European Protective Footwear Growth Opportunities
US & EU Direct-to-consumer Genetic Testing Market, Key Trends & Growth Opportunities
augmented reality market
smart home market
fleet management market
nutritional supplement market
power electronics market
commercial uav market
smart grid market
diet food market
Don't have an account? Create One!
Enter your Email Address here to receive a link to change password.
If you are an existing frost.com user, please register using the same email for seamless access
Already have an account? Login!
Use your Linkedin account to login or register within our store.You're just one click away.