Explore more Categories
Artificial Intelligence involves the science and engineering of developing intelligent machines
The manufacturing world is at a cusp of a new revolution that will redefine conventional business models
IoT will have a major impact on businesses and consumers in the future
The world is creating 2.5 exabytes of data daily
Our research seeks to connect-the-dots across multiple trends
Personal Robots are Set to Be a $19 Billion Market
Strategic Analysis of BREXIT and its Implications to Industries, Economies and Societies
iFrost is a digital platform for interactive and dynamic reporting of data.
The TOEs are a great source of information which gives corporates critical information on companies to action for their strategic investments either as an open source platform or to collaborate and to develop successful products
Innovation in developing sustainable and recyclable flexible solutions will impel market growth
save 10 %
* Required Fields
Pay by invoice
Plastics have been a part of packaging industry for long. Features including light weight, low cost, durability, easy to handle, and intrinsic properties such as chemical and moisture resistance are the factors that makes plastic the go-to packaging material in most cases. Recently the market has witnessed a shift towards the use of flexible plastics from rigid plastics as the amount of plastic used is reduced, and offers better sustainable advantages such as less waste, and less carbon emissions.
• Convenient and affordable packaging is the major preference for consumers which in turn has resulted is driving the market towards flexible packaging.
• In addition, increase in number of dual-income households, rapid lifestyle changes, expanding retail, and growing popularity of home delivery services attribute to growing demand of flexible packaging.
• Growth in e-commerce will stimulate growth in packaging market. This in turn has boosted the demand for packaging materials used in the delivery of products.
• In terms of market participation, tier 1 companies including Amcor, Berry, Huhtamaki, and Mondi, occupied a share of around 15%-20% thus dominating the market. On the other hand, Tier 2 companies occupied a share of 25%-35%, followed by Tier 3 companies with a share of 45%-60%. Moreover, Tier 1 and Tier 2 companies have adopted strategies like partnerships and acquisition to expand their customer base and create a global presence of the company. Asia-Pacific (APAC) is expected to witness the highest growth rate of 3.6% from 2018 to 2023 owing to the increasing number of dual income households.
• Key market participants are partnering with technology companies to come up with efficient flexible packaging solutions that offer superior barrier properties and are sustainable.
• Although, flexible plastic is the best packaging material in terms of weight, cost, and efficiency, product innovations to tackle the increasing pollution levels due to the use of plastic is critical. The plastics which reach the ocean get further broken down into micro plastics which are consumed by marine animals thus posing a threat to their life and existence. Moreover, this plastic litter can also impact the human health moving up the food chain. This in turn has put pressure on the companies and manufacturers to find viable solutions to this problem either by improving the recycling rate or focusing on producing alternative which could replace plastics
• Hence, market participants such as Mondi, Huhtamaki, and Amcor are leveraging plastic technologies to develop recycle-friendly and sustainable flexible packaging
Analysis of Global Mining Chemicals Market, Forecast to 2025
Innovations in Plastics, 3D Printing, Metals, 2D Materials, Alternative Energy, and Membranes
Innovations in Food Pathogen Detection, Biomaterials, and Waste-to-energy
Innovations in Bideodegradeable Polymers, 2D Materials, Microchips, Lithium-ion Batteries, and Nano-lasers
Frost Radar in the Global Bioplastics Market
Global Analysis of the Plasticizers Market, Forecast to 2025
Leveraging Artificial Intelligence for Materials Design and Production
Augmented Analytics: Future of Business Intelligence
Innovations in Battery Coatings, Coating Additives, and Biodegradable Coatings
Innovations in Carbon Capture, Solar Panels, Sensors, Natural Fabrics, and Alternative Fuels
cardiovascular devices market
natural gas market
cloud security market
functional food market
digital signage market
solar cell market
biometric authentication market
Fill in the fields below to receive a sample report
Don't have an account? Create One!
Enter your Email Address here to receive a link to change password.
If you are an existing frost.com user, please register using the same email for seamless access
Already have an account? Login!
Use your Linkedin account to login or register within our store.You're just one click away.