Manufacturing execution systems (MES) are the integrated software applications that provide companies the means to plan and schedule, track, direct and implement their operations. The MES market is growing due to the rapid adoption of cloud computing and data analytics in distinct industry applications around the world. The market is likely to grow further with the improving economic conditions and new technologies, and companies' focus on improving productivity and process efficiencies.MES solutions play a vital role in knitting together companies, technologies, industries and government sectors all over the world and their supply chains. Advanced MES provide smarter and intuitive frameworks that include agile
Study Period: 2014–2022
Base Year: 2017
Forecast Period: 2018–2022
Segmentation by Region:
- North America (NA)
- Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA)
- Asia-Pacific (APAC)
- Rest of World (ROW)
Segmentation by End-user Industry:
- Oil and gas
- Power and utilities
- Chemicals and petrochemicals
- Metals and mining
- Pharmaceutical and life sciences
- Food and beverages
- Water and wastewater
- Pulp and paper
Segmentation by Key Countries:
- The United States
- The United Kingdom
- South Africa
- South Korea
Segmentation by Product Category:
Segmentation by Distribution Channel:
- Direct sales
- System integrator
- Value- added resellers
- Approved partners
The Frost & Sullivan research analyzes the global MES market in the Process industries. This research identifies the strategic opportunities for the Global MES manufacturers across the process industries to overcome the challenges of conventional systems and adapt to advanced solutions. It offers holistic analysis of both current and future trends and their implications on the global market in the light of the economic uncertainty and evolving end-user requirements.
IIoT-based MES solutions have helped in reducing the CAPEX and OPEX for the companies, thereby bringing about manyfold increase in revenue across various process industries. Future MES solutions will be equipped to interconnect multiple portfolios with sophisticated functionalities that would handle adverse real-time situations in the shop floor.
Key Issues Addressed
- What are the mega trends and drivers in manufacturing and what are their impacts on MES solutions?
- How are the growth opportunities for the companies?
- Which industry offers the greatest market opportunities in MES?
- Which are the regions experiencing growth and what are the factors that bring about such growth?
- What strategies have top companies adopted to penetrate new verticals or regions? What are the main Tier I and Tier II competitors?
- Company information includes detailed analysis and profiling of key market players.