Clinical trial sponsors and clinical research organizations (CROs) are facing intense pressure to change the way clinical research is conducted and justify the costs and time involved in the clinical development process. Some of the prevailing challenges in the clinical trial industry include the complexity and cost of conducting clinical trials, the failure of trials, increasing regulatory requirements for future targeted therapeutics, and the growing number of multi-regional and international trials. Among these, patient recruitment and monitoring activities are considered to be most cost and time-consuming aspect of the clinical trial process. Industry estimates suggest that about 80% of pharmaceutical clini
The research service analyzes the growth opportunities of mHealth technologies across clinical trial remote patient recruitment & monitoring applications. It also evaluates and discusses market projections, key trends, technology lifecycle, and the key implementation challenges of emerging digital solutions. Finally, it provides industry best practices, case studies, cost-benefit analysis, and strategic imperatives for key clinical trial industry stakeholders such as pharma sponsors, CRO, sites, and technology providers.
Key Issues Addressed
- What are the key trends and growth opportunities tied to emerging digitally-led clinical trials operating models (e.g., remote or virtual clinical trials)?
- Which emerging tech solutions have the strongest growth potential for optimizing patient recruitment and monitoring workflows (e.g., mHealth, Wearables, etc.)?
- What are the challenges with current clinical trial patient recruitment and monitoring workflows and how these can be filled by emerging digital health solutions?
- How does the new ecosystem of digital solution providers look like with specific reference to clinical trials patient recruitment and monitoring?
- What are the industry best practices for patient recruitment, trial management etc.?
- What are the key challenges while implementing these digital solutions across the clinical development value chain?