Educational technology serves as an excellent means to deliver multimedia and interactive course content to today’s generation of digitally connected students anytime, anywhere, and across devices. The global educational technology market crossed $17.7 billion in revenue in 2017 and is expected to grow to $40.9 billion by 2022, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 18.3%. This market is characterized by seismic shifts in technological demands and innovation, a solid movement toward virtual reality and augmented learning, and a user-centric product development strategy.
This research covers the global growth opportunities in the educational technology market. Detailed global market trend analyses, including market drivers, market restraints, segment analyses, growth opportunities and recommendations are provided in this research. Revenue forecasts are provided for the total EdTech market, including Learning Management Systems (LMS) market, Lecture Capture Solutions (LCS) market, Big Data analytics market, and the academic devices market. The global market has been segmented into North America and Latin America (NALA), Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). A competitive landscape, in terms of major participants and market share analysis, is provided. The base year of the study is 2017, with forecasts running up to 2022.
The research highlights key trends impacting the educational technology market and outlines future implications. These trends include: hyper connectivity driving movement to the cloud, globalization of education, growth in lifelong learners, integration of Big Data analytics, and personalization of education.
A competitive landscape, concerning major participants and market share analysis, is also provided for Google, Apple, and Microsoft.
Readers who can benefit from the content found in this research include:
Edtech vendors, educational institutions, faculty, departments of education, LMS vendors, lecture capture solution vendors, massive online open courses vendors, Big Data analytics, device vendors, and anyone looking to venture into the educational technology market.
Key Issues Addressed
- Is the market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
- What are the strategic imperatives for vendors to consider?
- What are the key growth opportunities in the educational technology market?
- What global trends exist in the educational technology market and what do they mean for global growth strategies for vendors?
- Are the products/services offered today meeting customer needs or is additional development needed?
- What are the critical success factors? Who is further along the curve in addressing these issues?
- What are the major drivers and restraints in the LMS market? What do vendors need to know to stay ahead of the curve?