Shortage of pathologists and the rise in new cancer cases are the key drivers for the adoption of digital pathology solutions globally. Digital pathology enhances the productivity of pathologists by 10% to 15%, thereby improving the overall efficiency of healthcare providers.Digital pathology solutions find the best fit in oncology care. According to WHO estimates, the number of new cases is expected to rise by about 70% over the next two decades. Digital pathology solutions are likely to be useful in cancer diagnosis, as these systems allow physicians to take and consider the second opinion on critical cases quickly. In addition, use of digital pathology in drug discovery enables pharmaceutical companies to re
The research service provides an overview of the global digital pathology system market and provides a five-year forecast from 2016 to 2021. For the purpose of this study, digital pathology is defined as those systems, applications, and services that provide a digital environment for the management and interpretation of whole slides used in histopathology. Hardware includes slide scanning equipment, workstation displays; software includes image management and image analysis; and storage solutions include cloud solutions and server storage.
Geographic scope of this study includes:
- the United States
- Western Europe: the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Scandinavia (i.e., Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Finland
- Benelux: (Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg)), and
- APAC (China, Japan, South Korea and ASEAN).
The study highlights the key drivers and restraints in the market, industry challenges, global regulatory landscape, current market dynamics, visioning scenarios and key growth opportunities. Further the study includes the global market share along with the strategic imperatives for the digital pathology market.
Key Issues Addressed
- What constitutes a complete digital pathology vendor landscape?
- How is the competitive landscape?
- Who are the vendors that dominate the market?
- What are the growth opportunities in the digital pathology space which can be leveraged by existing and future participants?
- What are the key market trends and challenges in the digital pathology market?
- How are product offerings in this market likely to emerge?
- How is the value chain transitioning to solve unmet customer needs?
- What is the growth potential for digital pathology solutions and its subsegments across different geographies, especially the US, Western Europe and APAC?
- How are current business models being replaced by innovative approaches that seek overcome existing challenges?
- What is the regulatory and reimbursement scenario for digital pathology across US, Western Europe and APAC?
- Who are the game changers?