Research Scope: Economic, Mega Trends, Industry, FDI
Geographic Scope: Myanmar
What makes this study unique?
This study captures Myanmar’s growth and development on the economic and industrial front, covering key growth industries such as infrastructure, tourism, agriculture, telecom, manufacturing, and healthcare. Myanmar is compared to other developing countries in the ASEAN in terms of broad macroeconomic parameters. The study also analyzes major infrastructure and business indicators that influence the economy of the country and provides a comprehensive list of opportunities for investors in Myanmar. In addition to that, the key growth industries are broken into sub-categories, for example, infrastructure is divided into logistics and communications such as roads, railways, ports, aviation, and telecommunications. The energy sector is divided into oil & gas and power, the services sector into education, healthcare, financial services, and tourism, while agriculture is a segment in its own. The sub-categories are further analyzed with respect to their historical performances, status quo, and future prospects. Ongoing advancements and large FDI-related projects that are in the pipeline are discussed separately for each category.
Apart from putting forth an extensive overview of Myanmar’s growth scenario, the study discusses the various paths of FDI inflow into the country. Growth prospects for each industry and strategic imperatives in order to succeed in the business environment of Myanmar are presented subsequently.
Key Questions Answered:
· How is Myanmar positioned among the other economies of the ASEAN?
· What are the major infrastructural challenges faced by the country?
· How is Myanmar working to develop infrastructure and what opportunities exist?
· What are some of the key investment areas driving the economy and the resultant implications? What are the dynamics and emerging opportunities within the key growth industries?
· What are the various FDI mechanisms in the country and what to look out for while investing in Myanmar?
· What are the major strategic parameters to be considered by investors?