The focus of this research service is to analyze the drivers and restraints that affect the growth of the North American generator set market. Factors including increased awareness among customers, higher power demand, unreliable grid infrastructure, and more severe and unpredictable power outages are likely to drive the demand for generator sets during the next 5 years. The study also addresses the future and present market opportunities in North America (United States and Canada) as well as the challenges faced by industry participants in a rapidly changing environment.
The current market size for 2016 is provided for each segment and forecasted till 2021. Forecasts by competitive revenues and unit shipments for natural gas generators and diesel generators are also provided. Revenue and units are tracked and forecasted by power range inclusive of <30kW; 30.1–60kW; 60.1–150kW; 150.1–300kW; 300.1–500kW; 500.1–1000kW; and 1000.1–3000kW.
End user segments including commercial gensets, industrial gensets, and residential gensets are covered; additionally, revenue is predicted by application including peak shaving, prime power, and stand-by. Market share is provided for the leading competitors, which include Caterpillar, Cummins, Generac Power Systems, and Kohler, among others.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
• Is the market growing and at what rate? What is the anticipated growth between 2016 and 2021?
• Are the existing competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
• How will the structure of the market change with time?
• Is there any development with the products/segments offered today?
• Are the generator sets offered today meeting customers’ needs, or is additional development needed?
• Are the vendors in the space ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?
Why Partner with Frost & Sullivan?
• We have a robust and proven research methodology resulting in