The focus of this research service is to analyze the drivers and restraints that affect the growth of the North American generator set market. Factors including increased awareness among customers, higher power demand, unreliable grid infrastructure, and more severe and unpredictable power outages are likely to drive the demand for generator sets during the next 5 years. The study also addresses current and future market opportunities in the United States and Canada, as well as the challenges faced by industry participants in a rapidly changing environment.Why Partner with Frost & Sullivan?• Frost & Sullivan has a robust and proven research methodology resulting in high-quality findings, and has establishe
The 2017 market size is provided for each segment and is forecast till 2022. Forecasts by competitive revenues and unit shipments for natural gas generators and diesel generators are also provided. Revenue and units are tracked and forecast by power range inclusive of <30kW; 30.1–60kW; 60.1–150kW; 150.1–300kW; 300.1–500kW; 500.1–1000kW; and 1000.1–3000kW.
Commercial, industrial, and residential end-user segments including are covered; additionally, revenue is predicted by application including peak shaving, prime power, and standby. Market share is provided for the leading competitors: Caterpillar, Cummins, Generac Power Systems, and Kohler.
Key Issues Addressed
- Is the market growing, and at what rate? What is the anticipated growth between 2017 and 2022?
- Are competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs?
- How will the structure of the market change with time?
- Is there any development with the products/segments offered today?
- Are the generator sets offered today meeting customers’ needs, or is additional development needed?
- Are the vendors in the space ready to go it alone, or do they need partnerships to take their business to the next level?