Finland’s economic growth is primarily driven by the increasing private consumption and the improving transport infrastructure. The country's geographical location favors trade with countries in Northern Europe and helps attract foreign investors. A key long-term factor that will contribute to the enrichment of the Finnish economy is the constructive partnership between trade unions, the government, and companies. Finland is a member of the European Union and the European Monetary Union and has multilateral and bilateral trade agreements with several countries. The government has taken initiatives to streamline regulations, promote competition, and encourage entrepreneurship to support growth. The country is working on technology-oriented transport systems to become a key participant in smart mobility - mobility as a service (MaaS). Technology advancements , skillful ICT professionals, MaaS, and the usage of automated guided vehicles (AGVs) in warehouses are the key transformational trends in Finland.
Digitization will be the key factor driving the transportation sector. The major automotive ecosystem participants are investing in infrastructure development. Tech start-up companies are launching innovative products; however, only a few companies combine the old industrial knowledge with the new IT skills.
Scope: The aim of this insight is to research and analyze the key developments and trends related to economy and trade and the freight, transportation, logistics, and warehousing sectors in Finland.
• To provide an overview of the key factors driving Finland's economy and trade
• To analyze the role of the transport and logistics sector in driving the country’s economy
• To identify the initiatives undertaken by the government to improve efficiency and reduce logistics costs
• To furnish a detailed analysis on the advancement in digital technologies
• To provide an in-depth analysis of how the traditional value chain is transformed as a result of technology advancement , e-Commerce growth, regulatory changes, and investment
• To identify the emerging opportunities as a result of economic and technology transformations and how they are expected to change the competitive environment