In 2015, the annual production volume of Vietnamese 2-wheeler and 4-wheeler vehicle manufacturing industry was growing positively by 6.4% year-on-year. Following, 2-wheeler and 4-wheeler vehicle manufacturing industry is forecasted to experience a stable growth at a CAGR of 6.7% in Vietnam during 2015 – 2022.
The 2-wheeler vehicle manufacturing industry has reached at a maturity stage in Vietnam, mainly due to the high usage rate and its role as the main transport solution among residents. Besides, limited road infrastructure expansion and low highway rate have caused serious traffic congestion in the city areas, such as Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh City for example. Nevertheless, 2-wheeler vehicle is still highly favourable and adapted by Vietnamese, due to price-friendly and convenience factors.
Under comparison, the 4-wheeler vehicle manufacturing industry is considered as a new emerging industry in Vietnam which is in fast-growing stage at the moment. Country’s development, higher urbanization rate, rising working opportunity, the improvements of income and purchasing power are driving the application demand and purchase desire of Vietnamese.
This research service provides an outlook of the current manufacturing capabilities among both 2-wheeler and 4-wheeler automotive manufacturers in Vietnam. The base year of the study is 2015. It covers the government’s policies in developing automotive manufacturing capabilities throughout complete vehicle assembly, as well as the production of automotive parts and components in Vietnam.
The research service also discusses the main challenges that facing in 2-wheeler and 4-wheeler manufacturing industries respectively, key automotive manufacturing industrial parks that available in Vietnam, manufacturing plants mapping of automotive OEMs, manufacturing plants mapping of key automotive parts manufacturers, manufacturing capacities of key automotive OEMs, vehicle production volume by region, vehicle production volume by OEMs and SWOT analysis of different automotive manufacturing industry.
This research service aims to analyze automotive OEMs manufacturing capabilities in the Vietnam market. The study is also aimed to provide the information about Vietnamese automotive market in recent year and forecast towards 2022.
• To provide strategic overview of 2-wheeler and 4-wheeler vehicle market during 2015 – 2022.
• To provide the location map of OEMs automotive and component manufacturing plants.
• To provide the newest mechanic automotive industrial park development with government incentive policies.
• To identify the government policies which supporting OEMs manufacturing capabilities development.
• To develop future automotive manufacturing market outlook in Vietnam.
Key Questions this Study will Answer
• What are the key challenges that facing by the automotive manufacturing industry in Vietnam?
• Which policies are developed and supported by Vietnamese government toward automotive manufacturing activities?
• Who are the key industry participants in 2-wheeler and 4-wheeler vehicle manufacturing industry in Vietnam?
• Who are the key industry leaders in terms of automotive production volume in Vietnam?
• What are the annual production volume capacities by each OEM in Vietnam?
The research closes with conclusions and future outlook. The availability of automotive mechanical industrial parks, manufacturing incentive and manufacturing tax waiver which developed by Vietnamese government is likely to bring new business opportunity excitement in the automotive manufacturing activities.