In this research deliverable, Frost & Sullivan provides bold perspectives and predictions for the global healthcare industry in 2018. The markets covered include pharmaceuticals and biotech, in-vitro diagnostics, medical technologies, medical imaging, and healthcare IT. The analysis captures sectoral and regional trends and provides predictions for the upcoming year as organizations. This study provides guidance on where to find the greatest opportunities for expansion. Despite political uncertainties and cost pressures, the global healthcare industry will register a stable growth rate of 4.82% during 2018. With high spending on healthcare, prices of medical devices, consumables and drugs will continue to decli
Predictions for the Total Healthcare Industry in 2018 include:
- Product as a Service (XaaS) business models becoming the norm: the XaaS model will open new revenue streams driving future sustainability for the healthcare industry
- Cloud emerging as core platform across multiple sectors as stakeholders demand cost efficiency: total healthcare cloud computing market for providers will cross the $5 billion mark in global revenues by 2018
- Big Tech companies experiencing high rewards from their investments
- Virtual and remote clinical trials adoption increasing with focus shifting to efficiency and patient-centricity
- Robotics, ranging from automation to care delivery, progressing in provider utilities
- Asia-Pacific countries taking the lead on ‘Smart’ hospital projects
- Cyberattacks on the healthcare industry doubling, despite increased investments during 2018
- Data insight-driven incentives impacting premiums and becoming standard for payer-corporate partnerships, spurring wellness programs globallyKey
Key Issues Addressed
- What are the top predictions for healthcare markets in 2018?
- What market revenues and growth rates are anticipated for the global healthcare market?
- What are the key projections and growth opportunities for major healthcare market segments?
- What are the major macro and micro regional/country-level trends specific to the healthcare industry?
- What are the key technologies and growth opportunities to watch for during 2018?