The professional headset market will continue to experience notable growth rates due to the evolution of software-based communications and collaboration services and the need to improve worker productivity.
The largest opportunity lies within professional headsets that offer PC USB connectivity and value-added features to optimize the software communications and collaboration experience.
Within the professional PC USB and UCC headset category, a new generation of binaural stereo headsets with high-end noise-cancelling technologies in the microphone and earcups is rising in popularity targeting the open office and enabling better task-worker concentration.
Another area of future growth is the software-as-a-service and device-as-a-service market which will allow professional headset vendors to generate additional revenue streams via subscription models.
Professional headset vendors need to continuously identify and pursue growth opportunities and to evolve their vision and strategy in order to enhance their brand power and boost demand.
The global professional headset market earned revenues of $1.26 billion in 2016, a 7.4 percent growth when compared to 2015.
The professional headset market continues to experience notable growth rates due to the evolution of software-based communications and collaboration services and the need to improve worker productivity.
This study provides an in-depth analysis of the global profesional headset market. As part of this analysis, Frost & Sullivan has identified market drivers, restraints, market forecasts and competitive trends within the global business headset market. Frost & Sullivan has also identified 12 growth opportunities for professional headset vendors worldwide. These opportunities span vision, strategy, products, services, business models, marketing, partnerships, sales, and support initiatives. Using the data and analysis in this study vendors and resellers can develop sustainable growth strategies and improve their market positioning.
Professional headsets include corded and cordless headsets that are used in conjunction with enterprise endpoints integrated with the rest of the enterprise communications infrastructure (premises-based time division multiplexing (TDM) and internet protocol (IP) platforms and/or hosted/cloud-based TDM/IP telephony services.
The study covers the following headset categories:
• Professional headsets for desktop phones that use RJ9/RJ10/RJ22 connectors
• Professional headsets for software communications that use PC USB connectors
• Dual- and triple-connectivity headsets that connect to various types of business endpoints, including desktop phones, desktop PCs, and mobile phones
Revenue represents manufacturers’ sales of professional headsets to service providers, distributors, retailers, resellers, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) partners, and other distribution channels, as well as direct sales to enterprise customers.
Primary and secondary information, in conjunction with internal information databases, has been used to analyze the market and provide the observations and conclusions in this study.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Dashboard
Purpose of this Experiential Study
5 Step Process to Transformational Growth
Enterprise Communications Endpoints Landscape
Strategic Imperatives for Professional Headset Vendors
Scope and Market Definitions
State of the Market
Unit Shipment and Revenue Forecast—Total Professional Headset Forecast
Unit Shipment and Revenue Forecast—Professional PC USB and UCC Headsets versus RJ9 Headset
Unit Shipment and Revenue Forecast—Headsets in Office versus Headsets in Contact Center
Unit Shipment and Revenue Forecast—Cordless versus Corded Headset
Revenue Contribution by Region
Percent Revenue by Vendor
Macro to Micro Visioning
Top Predictions for the Professional Headset Market
Levers for Growth
Vision and Strategy—Opportunity 1: Software Communications and Collaboration Services
Vision and Strategy—Opportunity 2: Headsets as Concentration Enablers
Vision and Strategy—Opportunity 3: Shift to Cordless Endpoints
Vision and Strategy—Opportunity 4: Multi Connectivity
Vision and Strategy—Opportunity 5: Bringing the Visual Element to a Headset
Vision and Strategy—Opportunity 6: Data Analytics
Vision and Strategy—Opportunity 7: Internet-enabled Headsets with Artificial Intelligence Services
Vision and Strategy—Opportunity 8: Device and Software as a Service
Brand and Demand—Opportunity 9: Generation Y (Millennials)
Brand and Demand—Opportunity 10: Evolving Channel Structure
Brand and Demand—Opportunity 11: Continued Education
Brand and Demand—Opportunity 12: Social Media Marketing
Total Growth Opportunity Matrix 1–7: Vision and Strategy
Total Growth Opportunity Matrix 8–12: Brand and Demand
Total Growth Opportunities Matrix Chart
Growth Strategy and Implementation
Growth Strategies for Your Company
Prioritized Opportunities through Implementation
List of Figures & Charts
1. Total Professional Headset Market: Key Market Drivers, Global, 2017–2023
2. Total Professional Headset Market: Key Market Restraints, Global, 2017–2023
1. Total Professional Headset Market: Communications and Collaboration Endpoints, Global, 2017
2. Total Professional Headset Market: Unit Shipment and Revenue Forecast, Global, 2015–2023
3. Total Professional Headset Market: Unit Shipment and Revenue Forecast by Configuration Type, Global, 2015–2023
4. Total Professional Headset Market: Unit Shipment and Revenue Forecast by End-user Type, Global, 2015–2023
5. Total Professional Headset Market: Unit Shipment and Revenue Forecast by Headset Type, Global, 2015–2023
6. Total Professional Headset Market: Revenue Contribution by Region, Global, 2015
7. Total Professional Headset Market: Revenue Contribution by Region, Global, 2016
8. Total Professional Headset Market: Percent Revenue by Vendor, Global, 2016