Customer-centric innovation, digital transformation, value-added services, and exemplary customer service will drive the UK water retail market going forward. The market revenue is estimated at £4 billion, with a non-domestic customer base of about 1.2 million. This study includes the revenue forecast for 2017–2022 for three different scenarios: business as usual, optimistic, and conservative. For the business as usual scenario, the market is forecast to record a CAGR of 5.2% during 2017–2022, whereas for the conservative and optimistic scenarios, the market is forecast to record a CAGR of 2.5% and 10.5% respectively.
The study estimates the size of the UK Water retail market for 2017 and provides a forecast till 2021. The forecast is provided for three scenarios, as the market (launched in April 2017) is expected to undergo dynamic changes in the coming years. The study also highlights the applicable visioning scenarios with their macro to micro implications. The visioning scenarios included are: social and demographic trends, industry Mega Trends, new business models, disruptive technologies, and competitive landscape trends. The study also underscores the key market drivers and restraints and discusses their impact during the forecast period (2017–2022).
Frost & Sullivan has considered nine levers for growth in this market, highlighting vision and strategy and brand and demand growth opportunities. For each of these nine levers, key context and opportunities along with a call to action have been discussed in this study. The competitive landscape trend is provided by listing the retail companies that have branched out of UK water utilities, other independent water retail companies, and self-supply licensees.
The study spells out the strategic imperatives and top predictions for the UK water retail market, which includes predictions on the importance of value-added services and disruptive technologies. For the benefit of the retail companies, the key trends and opportunities for attractive non-domestic customer segments have been also elucidated.
The following are the key questions that this study seeks to answer:
• Is the market growing and if so, at what rate? What is the anticipated growth rate for this market between 2017 and 2022?
• What are the new business models and disruptive technologies?
• What are the impacts of social and demographic trends, industry Mega Trends, disruptive technologies, new business models, and competitive
landscape on key customer segments in the UK?
• What are the key growth levers influencing the UK water retail market?
• What are the strategic imperatives for the UK water retail market?
Table of Contents
1. Executive Dashboard
Purpose of this Experiential Study
Transformational Growth—A Three-Step Process
Growth Environment—Market Overview
Market Definitions—UK Water Retail
Background and Coverage—Products and Services Offered by UK Water Retail Companies
Water Retail Market Scope
Water Retail Market Objectives
UK Water Retail Market—Key Stakeholders
Features Offered by UK Water Retail Companies
Drivers and Restraints
Growth Environment—Market Forecasts
Forecast Scenarios—UK Water Retail Market
UK Water Retail Market—Revenue Forecast
Macro to Micro Visioning
Trends/Factors Impacting the UK Water Retail Market
UK Water Retail Market—Top Predictions
Levers for Growth
Vision and Strategy—Growth Opportunities
Growth Opportunity—Disruptive Applications
Growth Opportunity—Business Models
Growth Opportunity—Current Offerings
Growth Opportunity—Value-added Services
Brand and Demand—Growth Opportunities
Growth Opportunity—Brand Recognition
Growth Opportunity—Brand Positioning
Growth Opportunity—Customer Research
Growth Opportunity—Inbound Marketing
Overview and Opportunity Analysis for UK Water Retail Companies—Key Customer Segments
List of Figures & Charts
1. Total Water Retail Market: Key Market Drivers and Restraints, UK, 2018–2022
2. Total Water Retail Market: Impact of Emerging Trends, UK, 2017
3. Total Water Retail Market: Opportunity Analysis and Key Customer Segments, UK, 2017
1. Total Water Retail Market: Market Definitions, UK, 2017
2. Total Water Retail Market: Background and Coverage, UK, 2017
3. Total Water Retail Market: Revenue Forecast, UK, 2017–2022
4. Total Water Retail Market: Impact of Emerging Trends, UK, 2017
5. Water Retail Market: Population Forecast, UK, 2010?2030
6. Water Retail Market: Percent Population of Regions, UK, 2016
7. Water Retail Market: Age Distribution of Population, UK, 1995?2045
8. Total Water Retail Market: Impact of Industry Mega Trends, UK, 2017
9. Total Water Retail Market: Impact of Disruptive Technologies, UK, 2017
10. Total Water Retail Market: Impact of New Business Models, UK, 2017
11. Assessing the Impact of New Business Models on the Future of Water Retail Market, UK, 2017
12. Total Water Retail Market: Impact of Competitive Landscape Trends, UK, 2017