Global Electric Vehicle Charging Station Infrastructure Growth Opportunities and Outlook, 2024

Global Electric Vehicle Charging Station Infrastructure Growth Opportunities and Outlook, 2024

CPOs to Focus on Investments, Mergers, and Acquisitions

RELEASE DATE
06-Jun-2024
REGION
Global
Deliverable Type
Market Outlook
Research Code: MH3D-01-00-00-00
SKU: AU_2024_784
AvailableYesPDF Download
$4,950.00
In stock
SKU
AU_2024_784
$4,950.00
DownloadLink
ENQUIRE NOW

Description

In 2023, there were about 750,000 charge points across Europe, of which 84.4% were AC charging points and 15.5% were DC charging points. The Type 2 connector type dominated the European EV infrastructure sector, accounting for almost 75%. CCS2 was widely adopted for DC charging points in Europe. Unlike North America, Europe is not dominated by a single charge point operator. Shell Recharge was the leader with an AC share of 5.3%, and Tesla was the DC leader with a 12.6% share. North America had about 250,000 charging points, of which 77.3% of charging points are AC chargers and 22.7% are DC chargers. Tesla adopters dominate the DC infrastructure market in North America. Charge point accounted for 44.1% of the AC charging infrastructure and Tesla had 43.4% market share in DC charging. In 2023, APAC (Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, and Singapore) had about 23,000 charge points, of which AC chargers constituted 66% and the rest 34% of chargers were DC points. Type 2 connectors account for almost 83.71% of AC charging. Tesla leads the AC charging infrastructure in APAC and EA anywhere is the DC leader. In 2024, the European EV charging infrastructure sector will surpass 1 million charging points, while North American EV charging points will reach the 360,000 mark. The CCS2 connector type and destination chargers will see the highest growth in Europe. New technology adoption will be significant in the coming years.

Table of Contents

Europe—Highlights of 2023 and 2024e

North America—Highlights of 2023 and 2024e

Asia-Pacific (excluding China)—Highlights of 2023

Market Evolution

EV Charging Trends in Europe and North America

EV Charging in APAC

EV Charging Point Installations (AC Charging)

EV Charging Point Installations (DC Charging)

EV Charging Point Installations (AC,DC Charging)

EV Charging Point Use Case, AC Charging

EV Charging Point Use Case, DC Charging

EV Charging Point Use Case, AC & DC Charging

EV Charging Infrastructure Development

EV Charging Infrastructure Development (continued)

Public EV Charging Infrastructure Europe, NA, & APAC

EV Hardware Standards and Future Landscape

Why is it Increasingly Difficult to Grow?

The Strategic Imperative 8™

The Impact of the Top 3 Strategic Imperatives on EV Charging Infrastructure Industry

Growth Opportunities Fuel the Growth Pipeline EngineTM

Scope of Analysis

Segmentation—AC and DC Charging Levels, Europe

Segmentation—AC and DC Charging Levels, NA & APAC

Segmentation—Connector Types, North America

Segmentation—Connector Types, Europe

Segmentation—Connector Types, APAC

Top 10 Trends for 2024

Top 10 Growth Opportunities

Global GDP Growth

Inflation and Interest Rates

Currency Trajectory

Labor Market

Oil Markets

Critical Minerals Supplies

North America

Western Europe

Middle East

Asia

EV Charging Trends

Investments, Mergers, and Acquisitions

Solar-powered EV Charging

Advancements in V2X Technology

Plug-and-charge Technology

The North American Charging Standard (NACS)

EV Battery Swap Stations

EV Battery Swap Stations (continued)

EV Charging Infrastructure Highlights, 2023

EV Charging Infrastructure Breakdown, 2023

EV Charging Infrastructure Breakdown, 2024 (E)

EV Charging Infrastructure Breakdown, 2023

EV Charging Infrastructure Breakdown 2024 (E)

Top AC Charge Point Operators, Europe

Top DC Charge Point Operators, Europe

Charging Infrastructure Forecast, Europe, 2023–2026

Charging Infrastructure Installation Forecast in 10 European Countries

EV Charging, Austria

EV Charging, Belgium

EV Charging, France

EV Charging, Germany

EV Charging, Italy

EV Charging, Netherlands

EV Charging, Norway

EV Charging, Spain

EV Charging, Sweden

EV Charging, UK

NA EV Charging Infrastructure Highlights, 2023

North America EV Charging Infrastructure Breakdown, 2023

North America EV Charging Infrastructure Breakdown, 2024(E)

North America EV Charging Infrastructure Breakdown, 2023

North America EV Charging Infrastructure Breakdown 2024 (E)

Charge Point Operators, NA, 2023

Charging Infrastructure Forecast, NA, 2023–2026

Charging Infrastructure Installation Forecast, US and Canada

EV Charging, US

EV Charging, Canada

APAC EV Charging Infrastructure, Highlights, 2023

APAC EV Charging Infrastructure Breakdown, 2023

Charge Point Operators, APAC, 2023

EV Charging Infrastructure in Australia

EV Charging Infrastructure in Singapore

EV Charging Infrastructure in Thailand

EV Charging Infrastructure in New Zealand

Growth Opportunity 1—V2G and Solar-powered EV Charging Stations

Growth Opportunity 1—V2G and Solar-powered EV Charging Stations

Growth Opportunity 2—NACS and Plug-and-charge Technology Adoption

Growth Opportunity 2—NACS and Plug-and-charge Technology Adoption

Growth Opportunity 3—Global EV Charging Infrastructure

Growth Opportunity 3—Global EV Charging Infrastructure

Conclusions and Future Outlook

Your Next Steps

Why Frost, Why Now?

List of Exhibits

List of Exhibits (continued)

List of Exhibits (continued)

Legal Disclaimer

In 2023, there were about 750,000 charge points across Europe, of which 84.4% were AC charging points and 15.5% were DC charging points. The Type 2 connector type dominated the European EV infrastructure sector, accounting for almost 75%. CCS2 was widely adopted for DC charging points in Europe. Unlike North America, Europe is not dominated by a single charge point operator. Shell Recharge was the leader with an AC share of 5.3%, and Tesla was the DC leader with a 12.6% share. North America had about 250,000 charging points, of which 77.3% of charging points are AC chargers and 22.7% are DC chargers. Tesla adopters dominate the DC infrastructure market in North America. Charge point accounted for 44.1% of the AC charging infrastructure and Tesla had 43.4% market share in DC charging. In 2023, APAC (Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, and Singapore) had about 23,000 charge points, of which AC chargers constituted 66% and the rest 34% of chargers were DC points. Type 2 connectors account for almost 83.71% of AC charging. Tesla leads the AC charging infrastructure in APAC and EA anywhere is the DC leader. In 2024, the European EV charging infrastructure sector will surpass 1 million charging points, while North American EV charging points will reach the 360,000 mark. The CCS2 connector type and destination chargers will see the highest growth in Europe. New technology adoption will be significant in the coming years.
More Information
Deliverable Type Market Outlook
Author Srinag Rajendra Kumar
Industries Automotive
No Index No
Is Prebook No
Podcast No
Predecessor MGE5-01-00-00-00
WIP Number MH3D-01-00-00-00