This market insight aims to profile select medical device companies in Asia-Pacific for 2016.
• The aim of this insight is to analyze and profile APAC medical device manufacturers, based on certain parameters.
• It covers wound management, cardiovascular, orthopedic implants, infection control, and infusion therapy.
• The insight provides the following details
o Overview of APAC medical device manufacturers
o Profiles of companies to watch
• South Korea
Indicative Parameters for Selection:
• Company should be headquartered or listed in APAC
• Company should manufacture its medical device products locally
• Products should meet CE, FDA, and ISO approval standards
• Company should be one of the significant market participants in any of the 5 segments or should have an annual revenue of more than $5 million
The APAC medical devices market is projected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.2% (2013-20) to reach $110.00 billion in 2020. Approximately 70-90% of medical devices are imported. Measures to reduce import by 8-10% by 2020 are considered a priority by most countries. India and China present potential opportunity for growth.
The market is in the growth stage. Established medical device providers as well as new manufacturers are constantly trying to innovate, while simultaneously looking at ways to reduce the cost incurred to place their products in this space.
Overview, business profile, product profile, and business highlights are discussed for vendors such as Admedus Ltd, Allegra Orthopaedics, Atlas Surgical, Auxein Medical, Avita Medical, CGbio, Daiwha Corporation Ltd, GPC Medical, Green Cross, JMS Co., JW Medical, Jiangsu Yuyue Medical Equipment & Supply Co., Lepu Medical, Ltd., MicroPort Scientific Corporation, Nipro, Olympus Terumo Biomaterials Corp., PolyNovo Limited, Shanghai Kinetic Co., Sutures India, Taewoong Medical Co., Terumo Group, Tokai Medical Products Inc., and Triage Meditech Pvt. Ltd.