Brazilian Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) market revenue is expected to increase from $1.35 billion in 2016 to $3.29 billion by 2021, at a compound annual growth rate of 19.6%. This outlook considers the growth potential of hardware, software, connectivity, and services, and of primary verticals. The base year is 2016 and the forecast period is from 2017 to 2021.
For the purposes of this research, Industrial IoT refers to the use of IoT technologies in manufacturing, transportation, smart cities, healthcare, and other verticals. Consumer IoT, including consumer wearables, phones, TVs, appliances, home monitoring, and home automation, are not included.
Primary research included extensive interviews with CEOs, vice presidents, directors, and other executives. A bottom-up analysis of the verticals included in the study was based on information in the Frost & Sullivan knowledge base, a modeled analysis of the impacts of various drivers and restraints over the forecast period across Brazil, and modeled demand analysis. These data triangulation and market breakdown procedures were employed to complete the overall market engineering process and to arrive at the exact statistics for all segments.
The Brazilian industrial IoT market ecosystem comprises vendors, integrators, and service providers offering IoT wireless or fixed two-way communication technologies. Companies include Ericsson, Cisco, Promon Logicalis, IBM, Telefonica, Oi, GE, and Dell.
The study presents detailed business cases from each vertical, and market drivers and restraints through 2021. It provides insights regarding growth opportunities and emerging trends that will affect market participants over the forecast period.
Key questions this study will answer:
• Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
• Which are the key verticals in this market? Which will grow the fastest by 2021?
• How will the revenue shares of the hardware, software, services, and connectivity segments change?
• In what stage are organizations in Latin America in evaluating or deploying IoT solutions?
• What are Latin American organizations' top 3 concerns in regard to the IoT?
• What are the top 3 drivers for IoT investments?