Increased vehicle connectivity is a primary focus for market and product differentiation in the Latin American countries of Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, and Argentina. Connected, value-added services and infotainment, and next-generation human-machine interface are of highest interest. This research service covers the gamut of connected car strategies in these countries towards 2023. It provides market metrics and forecasts related to growth of connected cars, telematics subscribers, and various human-machine interfaces including voice recognition and touch screens. It explores the key transformative trends that are reshaping the market and includes profiles for original equipment manufacturers that detail their efforts in the space, a telematics aftermarket outlook, and a look at ecosystem participation. The study concludes with the recommendations and predictions.
More than 15 interviews were conducted over the phone by senior consultants and industry analysts with manufacturers and assemblers. Primary research accounted for 70% of the total research. Additional information was extracted from reports and project material in the Frost & Sullivan database, technical papers, specialised magazines, seminars, and Internet research.
• To identify the growing technologies across countries and segments and define their impact on the feature offerings of connected cars.
• To identify the main effects of next-gen technologies in each country and on suppliers and the connected cars environment today and in 2023.
• To identify the OEMs that are leading the connected cars market across various segments and discuss market forecasts.
• To discuss and provide the top market, technology, and feature trends until 2023 for infotainment, HMI and connected services.
• To provide conclusions about the connected cars environment and OEMs strategies, in addition to Frost & Sullivan’s big predictions towards 2023.
Key questions this study will answer:
• What are the growing technologies in the connected car environment in LATAM until 2023?
• What are the main trends in regard to vehicle infotainment, connected services, and HMI?
• How much will the connected car market grow in terms of technologies and features offerings?
• What will be the leading markets in LATAM by 2023?
• What are the top market, technology, and vehicle feature trends with regard to the growing connected cars technologies by 2023?
• What is the growth perspective for LATAM countries, and how do they compare to each other?
• What is the outlook for the connected car environment in LATAM?
OEMs discussed in detail include:
• Daimler (Mercedes-Benz)
• FCA (Fiat)