Data storage technologies (DSTs) are evolving with the exponential rise in the demand for high capacity and secured storage systems in the recent years. This is mainly due to the change in technological perception in the global community which focuses on facilitating simplified interaction with the latest innovations happening around as data forms an integral part of this transformation.
From offering high-capacity storage capabilities along with providing secure and advanced data management systems, DSTs will be a driving force for majority of the technological advancements and trends in various industries. Advanced technologies and platforms such as wearable electronics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, IoT, smart factories will be relying completely on the data storage media to generate meaningful output to support decision making.
This technology and innovation report offers insights on three prominent technologies which are shaping up the current data storage market along with few application specific case studies which will have impact in the near future. The technologies include innovations and its impact in non-volatile random access memories (NVRAMs), flash memory and cloud storage. NVRAM technology scope comprises assessment of MRAM (Magnetoresistive random-access memory), FRAM (Ferroelectric Random Access Memory), PCM (Phase-change memory), RRAM/ ReRAM (Resistive random-access memory), DRAM (Dynamic random-access memory), and NRAM (Nano random-access memory). Flash memory technology coverage includes 3D NAND and 3DXPoint along with SSDs (solid state drives), NVDIMMs (Non-Volatile Dual In-line Memory Module) and Enterprise flash. Cloud storage involves comparison between various cloud storage architecture like file storage and object storage, public, private and hybrid storage.
Key questions answered in the report
1. What is the significance of emerging data storage technologies (DSTs)?
2. What are the key trending applications impacted by DST?
3. What are the innovations in DSTs and its impact in different applications?
4. Who are the major players driving innovation and adoption?
5. What are the key factors influencing adoption?
6. How are patents and funding driving developments and wide spread adoption?
7. What are the key innovation themes?
8. Who has implemented key DSTs and what is the impact?
9. What is the future prospect for DSTs?
10. What will be the key technology in 2022?
11. What are key strategic directions for stakeholders to remain competitive?