OTT Video Services Market, MENA, 2017–2022
OTT Video Services Market, MENA, 2017–2022
Market Growing with Rising Connectivity, Strategic Bundling and Influx of Regional Content
South Asia, Middle East & North Africa
Special Price $1,125.00 save 25 %
The OTT video market in the MENA region is at the cusp of mass adoption owing to the ever-expanding internet connectivity and smartphone usage. The market is still evolving in terms of content offerings and business models as the region hosts a diverse demography. However, the volatile geopolitical situation has dampened socioeconomic progress in the last fiscal, making the overall economy and this industry sluggish. MENA is a highly attractive market for existing and new participants considering its population and diverse demography. The growth in Internet penetration, supplemented by the explosive adoption of smartphones, has augmented OTT video consumption in the region, with government initiatives further supporting a holistic digital transformation. Challenges for this market include rampant piracy, influx of illegal platforms (linear and OTT) and non-uniform connectivity, among others. There is a rising trend of new indie content produced exclusively for this market, by way of mobilising local talent and budding artists and providing them a launch pad for future productions. A number of local niche platforms are catering to specific target audiences, like sports, English content, new-age Arabic series and dubbed Asian content. Some of the incumbent broadcasters and Pay TV operators offer a vast content library across genres to meet the needs of all audience groups. The launch of global and local services has piqued the interest of active Internet users, paving the way for growth in the subscription for these services in the next few years. Telecom bundling remains the most widely used platform for collecting subscription fees due to the slow uptake of online payments and wallets. Strategic bundling of services between ISPs, telcos and OTT platforms is the trending business model to encourage paid subscription for premium content.
What makes Frost & Sullivan's deliverables unique?
Frost & Sullivan provides one of the most comprehensive market segmentation chains in this industry. The company conducts a detailed analysis on market positioning, product positioning and competitive positioning and identifies entry strategies, gaps and opportunities are for all stakeholders concerned.
This research study includes the following segments:
- Scope: Over-the-top (OTT) video viewing, live streaming, segmented by viewership, business models, smartphone usage, social media interaction, content patterns
- Geographic scope: Middle East, Levant, GCC
- Revenue, subscriber analysis and forecasts, drivers and restraints for the MENA OTT video market.
- For the purposes of this study, a comprehensive market analysis was done for the following: OTT platforms, value-added features, content patterns, TVOD, SVOD, video consumption, Internet speeds and leading platforms.
Key Issues Addressed
- What is the growth opportunity for OTT video services in MENA?
- Who are the leading OTT video services operators in the market?
- What is the revenue and subscription growth opportunity for the OTT video services market?
- What are the major drivers and restraints for the market?
- What are the key markets and emerging markets in the region?
- What are the growth opportunities among broadcasters, distributors and content owners?
Table of Contents
Trends to Watch
Current and Future Outlook
Key Questions this Study will Answer
Key Economic Developments
Leading Ecosystem Participants
Internet Scenario in MENA
Mobile Internet Revolution
Average Internet Speeds in MENA Markets
Bandwidth Costs and Affordability
OTT Video Platforms—Market Competition Intensifies
Telecom Operators—The Enablers and Promoters
Telecom Partnerships—The Way Forward
Rise of Initiatives
OTT Video Services Market—Revenue Forecast
OTT Video Services Market—Viewer Forecast
OTT Video Services Market—Subscription Forecast
OTT Video Services Market—Subscription Revenue Forecast
Growth Opportunity 1—Regional/Vernacular Content
Growth Opportunity 2—Content Protection Solutions
Growth Opportunity 3—Strategic Bundling
Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
The Last Word
List of Exhibits
List of Exhibits (continued)
The Frost & Sullivan Story
Value Proposition—Future of Your Company & Career
360º Research Perspective
Our Blue Ocean Strategy
|Industries||Entertainment and Media|